The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Dark Chocolate Pound Cake with Strawberries and Cream uses three popular Valentine’s Day ingredients: chocolate, strawberries, and cream!
Disclosure: This recipe for Dark Chocolate Pound Cake is a sponsored post with PAM Cooking Spray. As always, all opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting brands that make Food, Folks and Fun possible!
With Valentine’s Day coming up, I wanted to share a recipe with you that uses three popular Valentine’s Day ingredients: chocolate, strawberries, and cream! Today, I’ll be sharing my recipe for Dark Chocolate Pound Cake with Strawberries and Cream!
At my house, cooking and baking is about so much more than just a recipe. It’s about family, and the simple pleasures of eating together. It’s about community, and the way food can bring people together and create bonds. It’s about love, and how making a really delicious recipe can be one of life’s greatest gifts. It’s about making a happy home and spending time together.
This Valentine’s Day, I want to make an extra-special, show-stopping dessert for my family, but I don’t want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen cleaning up! After dinner, I see my little family retiring to the couch, cuddling under blankets where we’ll enjoy this delicious Dark Chocolate Pound Cake with Strawberries and Cream while watching a movie together. I want to be out on the couch with my family and not stuck in the kitchen cleaning up. That’s why I’ll use PAM Cooking Spray to help make cleanup a snap!
TIPS FOR SPENDING LESS TIME IN THE KITCHEN AND MORE TIME WITH FAMILY:
- Use PAM Cooking Spray on baking sheets and pans. You’ll spend less time scrubbing pans and more time with your family.
- When working with sticky dough like cinnamon rolls, use PAM Cooking Spray on your hands and fingers so they don’t stick to the dough. That way your kids can dig right in and spend some quality time while helping you make baked goods without the mess.
- Lightly spray the inside of a measuring cup when measuring sticky ingredients like molasses, corn syrup, and maple syrup. That way, the ingredients slide effortlessly out of the measuring cup!
COOK’S NOTE – DARK CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE:
- The recipe as shown can be made into 2 8-by-5-inch loaves. Just divide the batter evenly among the pans and bake for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool 2 hours before slicing.
- You can also halve the recipe to make 1 8-by-5-inch pound cake.
- This Dark Chocolate Pound Cake can be frozen for up to 6 months. Tightly wrap cake in plastic wrap, followed by foil. Then place it in a resealable plastic bag. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
More Pound Cake Recipes:
I love my Mom’s Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Glaze. She’s been make it for almost 4 decades and it’s a family-favorite for a reason! Another favorite is my Irresistible Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Strawberry Topping. We enjoy that cake all year round! This 7-Up Pound Cake is zesty and just the treat for the warmer months!
Dark Chocolate Pound Cake with Strawberries and Cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 1 ½ cups dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chopped fine
- 1 pound unsalted butter softened
- 2 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 10 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Move oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray Bundt pan with PAM Cooking Spray; set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Place cocoa and chocolate in a medium bowl. Pour water over cocoa and stir until no cocoa streaks remain and chocolate has melted. Let chocolate cool 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter, chocolate mixture, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and slowly add in flour mixture. Scrape sides of bowl as needed. Mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and gently tap pan on counter to pop any air bubbles. Bake 75 to 85 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes, then remove cake from Bundt pan and cool for 3 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, whip cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Slice cake and serve with whipped cream and strawberries.
With all the planning that goes into putting together the perfect dish, using PAM Cooking Spray is a sensible way to save time in the kitchen. When you use PAM, you spend less time cleaning up in the kitchen, allowing for more time to be spent with the ones you love. Bonus? PAM Cooking Spray leaves 99% less residue than leading brands of margarine or bargain-brand sprays*, so your dishes will turn out great and you’ll spend less time cleaning up!
*vs. leading cooking sprays (except olive oil), after spraying on glass bakeware, baking at 400°F for 30 minutes, cooling, and then washing in a standard home dishwasher with detergent and repeating four times.