THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This Chocolate Chip Cake recipe has been a family favorite for over 30 years. It uses simple pantry ingredients that come together to make an irresistible Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake. Make it, and it will become a staple at your family get-togethers, birthdays, and parties! You may also like my Chocolate Ribbon Vanilla Pound Cake recipe!
My mom has been making this cake for literally decades. It holds so many of my childhood memories; I remember having it at numerous family gatherings and birthday parties.
It’s nothing fancy; it’s basically a buttery pound cake that has been dotted with mini chocolate chips. It’s a simple yet classic Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake that is a delight to eat.
For years my mom made it using all-purpose flour, but in the past few years, I switched to using cake flour, which makes the cake a little lighter and less dense. This cake has a buttery richness yet yields a tender crumb.
- You can serve this cake plain or with the chocolate glaze and even a scoop of vanilla ice cream. My family highly recommends having a nice cold glass of milk with this cake, too!
- Leftover cake will keep in an airtight cake dome at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- You can use regular semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the mini chocolate chips; make sure you toss the chocolate chips in 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour before folding them into the batter. This will help prevent the chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom (or top when flipped out) of the cake.
- Don’t be tempted to remove the cake from the pan before it’s cooled for an hour in the pan. If you do, you run the risk of the cake falling apart during the turning out process.
ONE YEAR AGO: Devil’s Food Cake and 7-Minute Frosting
TWO YEARS AGO: Blueberry Cobbler
THREE YEARS AGO: Lemon Cream Pie Float
Chocolate Chip Cake
FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 ¾ cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- ¾ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- vanilla ice cream optional
PREHEAT OVEN AND PREP PAN:
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cake flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in milk, eggs, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined and there are no flour streaks.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
BAKE AND COOL:
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick that is inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 1 hour in the pan. Then, remove the cake from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
MAKE THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- In a double boiler over bubbling water, add chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup.
- Stir until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
FINISH THE CAKE:
- Pour the warm glaze over top of the cake, letting it drizzle down the sides.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (optional).
This Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake recipe first appeared on FFF on February 7, 2011. I have since updated the pictures.