This Avocado Chocolate Pudding proves that healthy eating and dessert CAN go together! Plus, you can make it in just 35 minutes!
This pudding costs $3.65 to make. It makes four servings, which is about $0.91 per serving.
For tips on How to Peel an Avocado, read this post. A few simple steps make all the difference when cutting avocados.
Avocado Chocolate Pudding
Healthy eating and dessert can go together. But, you need to be clever about it. So today, I’m sharing a healthy chocolate dessert recipe with you – Avocado Chocolate Pudding!
This rich and creamy pudding is full of healthy fats and way better than the pre-made packages you buy at the store. With a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of prep work, you can enjoy this decadent dessert or snack in a little over thirty minutes!
Using avocados to the pudding does not add anything to the overall taste, but it does provide a creamy base. The cocoa powder adds a rich chocolate flavor, while the milk blends it. I love using honey as a natural sweetener, and the vanilla extract helps enhance the overall taste.
This Avocado Chocolate Pudding recipe is SO good. I mean, lick the bowl clean good! My entire family loved it, and this pudding is often requested for dessert by my kids.
Like many of you, I am trying to eat better this year. I am making conscious decisions about the quality and health benefits of the food I consume. That’s why I make ingredient swaps like honey instead of sugar and avocado instead of cream or butter.
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.91
Recipe Cost: $3.65
- 2 large avocados – $1.36
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder – $0.54
- 6 Tablespoons honey – $1.02
- ⅓ cup Skim Milk – $0.05
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract – $0.68
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- First, put everything in a food processor or blender, except the orange zest. Pulse until combined.
- Pour the pudding into a bowl and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. Place it in the fridge for thirty minutes.
- Finally, dish into bowls, garnish with orange zest and serve.
***See the full, detailed instructions in the recipe card below.
- If the pudding is too thick for your liking, add more milk, a tablespoon at a time, while you run the mixture through the food processor or blender.
- Use a good quality cocoa powder in this recipe; it really does make a difference!
- Top with fresh berries or nuts.
- Instead of honey you can use maple syrup or agave nectar.
SERVE: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldn’t leave this pudding out for longer than 2 hours.
STORE: This avocado chocolate pudding will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
FREEZE: For a delicious frozen treat, pour the pudding into popsicle molds and freeze overnight!
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Food processor or Blender
Avocados are incredibly nutritious and offer a lot of health benefits. They are high in fiber and protein. They also help to lower cholesterol. Avocados are also known to increase healthy metabolic functioning. So anytime you can add avocados to your meals, it is a great healthy option!
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Healthy & Easy Gazpacho
- Easy & Healthy Lunch Box Idea
- Healthy Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls
- Southwest Quinoa Stew
- Edamame Stir Fry
- Greek Inspired Cucumber Sliders
- Baked Salmon
- Yogurt Parfait Breakfast Popsicles
- Best Guacamole Recipe
- Carrot Puree with Ginger
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 2 large Hass avocados pitted and peeled
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup skim milk or milk of your choice (almond, oat, soy, etc)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Orange zest for garnish
- Place all ingredients, except orange zest, in a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until thoroughly combined, and no avocado chunks remain. If you’re using a blender, you may need to scrape down the sides of the blender occasionally.
- Pour the pudding into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowls, and garnish with orange zest. Serve.