Healthy eating and dessert can go together. You just need to be clever about it. Today, I’m sharing a healthy chocolate dessert recipe with you – Chocolate Avocado Pudding!
You need only 6 ingredients to make this Chocolate Avocado Pudding:
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- orange zest
This Chocolate Avocado Pudding recipe is SO good. I mean lick the bowl clean good! My entire family loved it, and this pudding is often requested for dessert by my kids. I, like many of you, am trying to eat better this year. I am making conscious decisions about the quality and health benefits of the food I consume. That’s why I make ingredient swaps like honey instead of sugar, and avocado instead of cream or butter.
Cook’s Note – Chocolate Avocado Pudding:
- Learn how to quickly and safely peel an avocado from my post.
- Use a good quality cocoa powder in this recipe, it really does make a difference!
- This chocolate avocado pudding will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
- If the pudding is too thick for your liking, add more milk, a tablespoon at a time while you run the mixture through the food processor or blender.
- For a delicious frozen treat, pour the pudding into popsicle molds and freeze overnight!
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 2 large Hass avocados pitted and peeled
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup a2 Skim Milk®
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Orange zest for garnish
- Place all ingredients, except orange zest, in food processor or blender. Pulse until completely combined and no avocado chunks remain. If you’re using a blender, you may need to occasionally scrape down sides of blender. Pour pudding into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowls, and garnish with orange zest. Serve.