This Cilantro Thai Chicken is a delicious and flavorful main dish that is quick and easy to prepare. I love serving it with my Pad Thai Fried Rice!
Disclosure: This Cilantro Thai Chicken recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running. See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
I’m all about easy Thai recipes this week! Earlier this week I shared with you my Pad Thai Fried Rice recipe, and today I am sharing the perfect accompaniment to that dish – Cilantro Thai Chicken!
This Thai Chicken recipe is not only super easy to make, but bursting with some of my favorite flavors: cilantro, lime, and sesame seed oil! I like to marinate the chicken overnight in the refrigerator, but if you’re short on time, and hour is all you’ll need.
Cook’s Note – Cilantro Thai Chicken
- Since it’s summertime and grilling season, feel free to throw this Thai chicken on the grill! You’ll want to cook it on medium heat until it turns light golden brown in color and the interior temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- If you like your Thai food a bit on the spicy side, then add 1-2 Tablespoons of chili garlic sauce to the marinade.
Cook’s Tools – Cilantro Thai Chicken
ONE YEAR AGO: Skinny Stuffed Shells
TWO YEARS AGO: Sausage and Butter Bean Soup
THREE YEARS AGO: 7 Layer Greek Dip
Easy Cilantro Thai Chicken
- 2 large garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 10 boneless skinless chicken tenders, thawed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- lime wedges for serving
- MARINATE CHICKEN: Place garlic, cilantro, soy sauce, lime juice, and sesame oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Place chicken in large zipper-top bag, and pour marinade into bag. Seal the bag, and shake until chicken is coated with marinade. Lay bag flat in refrigerator, and marinate for at least 1 hour, and up to overnight.
- COOK CHICKEN: Move oven rack 4 inches from broiler, and preheat broiler. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil, and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade and arrange in a single layer, spacing apart, on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Broil until browned and cooked through, about 10-14 minutes (all depending on your broiler). Internal temperature of chicken should register 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with lime wedges.