This Fruit Pizza recipe is a summertime classic that everyone loves. It has a sugar cookie crust, cream cheese-marshmallow frosting, loads of fruit, and a citrus glaze.
Fruit pizza is one of those super easy desserts that have such a nice-looking presentation, people often think you put more time into it than you really did. It’s kind of like my Goat Cheese and Tomato Tart in that way. With this recipe, if you can mix a few ingredients together and cut some fruit, you are in luck because you can make this fruit pizza recipe! Grab the kids, because they’ll love making this recipe with you!
In fact, it is such an easy recipe, it is one that I often let my kids help me make. They can basically do it themselves with little supervision from me. Score! I love watching their creativity with how they place the fruit on top of the cream cheese frosting. It is fun to see how you can make the same fruit pizza over and over again, but have it look completely different each time.
Fruit pizza is perfect for summer-time. The sweet and fruity taste in every bite is just dreamy on those hot summer nights. Make this fruit pizza recipe for your next bar-b-que or potluck. I promise it will go fast and be the favorite dessert of the night!
Recipe Questions Answered:
How far ahead can you make fruit pizza?
You should only make this fruit pizza up to 24 hours in advance. This is mostly due to the sliced fresh fruit as you do not want it to go brown or get soggy. If you do need to make it ahead of time, it definitely needs to be stored in the fridge. Otherwise, just whip it up right before you need it. Have your kids help you chop the fruits when you are ready, and you will have the fruit pizza made in no time at all!
How do you make fruit pizza?
First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Next, you will need to butter a 12-inch pizza pan and then spread your cookie dough into an even layer ensuring you cover the entire pan. Bake the cookie dough for 13-14 minutes and let it cool completely while you make the frosting. To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Then, spread it evenly over the crust. Now for the fun part, top it with the fruit of your choice. Finally, whisk together preserves and water and brush it evenly over the fruit.
What is fruit pizza?
Fruit pizza is basically the best dessert pizza there is! The base is a giant sugar cookie serving as the “pizza crust”. It is then topped with a cream cheese frosting and then layered with fresh fruit. You can use a homemade sugar cookie recipe or just buy it store bought. Either way! The recipe is very flexible as you can really use any kind of fruit in any sort of pattern. You can cut it into triangles, like a normal piece of pizza, or cut into smaller squares for serving to large groups.
Cook’s Note – Fruit Pizza Recipe:
- You can make this dessert up to 1 day ahead of time by baking the cookie crust, and then covering it with foil. You can also make the cream cheese filling a day ahead of time, and then cover it and keep it in the refrigerator. You will need to finish the rest of the pizza the next day because the cut fruit and glaze will not keep.
Fruit Pizza with Citrus Glaze
For the Crust:
- 18 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough
For the Cream Cheese layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 7 ounces Fluff or marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
For the Fruit Topping:
- 3 kiwi’s peeled and cut into slices
- 11 oz can mandarin oranges drained
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
For the Citrus Glaze:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
Make the Crust:
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°. Break the cookie dough into small pieces, and place them throughout the pizza pan. Then, press the cookie dough into an even layer.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minute, or until the edges begin to brown. Move the pan to a wire rack to cool.
Make the Cream Cheese Layer:
- Add the softened cream cheese to a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. Then, fold in the marshmallow Fluff and lime zest. Spread evenly over the cooled crust.
- Then, fold in the marshmallow Fluff and lime zest. Spread evenly over the cooled crust.
Add the Fruit:
- Arrange the fruit in a decorative pattern., and then put the pan in the refrigerator while you make the glaze.
Make the Citrus Glaze:
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the sugar, salt, corn starch, orange juice, lemon juice, and water. Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, or until thickened. Remove the glaze from the heat, and add the orange zest. Allow the glaze to cool, but not set up.
Finish the Fruit Pizza:
- Spoon the glaze over the fruit. Chill the pizza for two hours, and then cut it into wedges and serve.
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Classic Shepherd’s Pie - October 18, 2019
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies– Better than Lofthouse! - October 16, 2019
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew - October 12, 2019