Disclosure: This Garden Veggie Guacamole recipe is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Avocados From Mexico. Thank you for supporting brands that make Food, Folks and Fun possible.
This quick and easy Garden Veggie Guacamole recipe is full of fresh vibrant ingredients like shallots, bell peppers, dill and chives.
Guacamole is a favorite around my house. I make it weekly and I love putting a spin on my classic recipe. My favorite variation is this Garden Veggie Guacamole. It includes some of my favorite veggies from the garden: shallots, bell pepper, dill, and chives. All of these flavors together remind me of warmer weather and fun, festive celebrations to be had like Cinco de Mayo!
When making guacamole I love using Avocados From Mexico, because they’re available year-round. Plus they’re always fresh and so tasty!
Avocados from Mexico Tips:
- I like to sprinkle lime juice on my avocados as soon as they’re sliced. That way when I mash them the lime juice gets distributed evenly and this helps keep my guacamole green.
- When choosing an avocado from the store, look for one that has dark, pebbly skin that yields to gentle pressure.
- If you need to slow down ripening, simply put the avocado in the refrigerator.
- If you need to speed up ripening, simply put the avocado in a brown paper bag with a banana or apple.
- An unused avocado half can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Just sprinkle it with a little lime juice first.
My Garden Veggie Guacamole recipe is so easy to make, let me show you how!
How to Make Garden Veggie Guacamole:
STEP 1: Place peeled Avocados From Mexico in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice.
STEP 2: Mash avocados until smooth.
STEP 3: Add the bell pepper, dill, chives, and shallot.
STEP 4: Mix until combined, and season with salt. Enjoy!
Cook’s Note – Garden Veggie Guacamole:
- Depending on the size of your Avocados From Mexico, this will make about 3 cups of guacamole.
- We love using this guacamole as a dip or as a spread on sandwiches.
- I like using shallots in their recipe because they’re a bit milder than red onion. This allows the dill and chive flavor to really come through.
- You can add other vegetables to this Garden Veggie Guacamole like minced carrots, minced radishes, and diced tomatoes.
Garden Veggie Guacamole
- 3 large Avocados From Mexico
- 1 ½ Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 Tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill + more for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives + more for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Add peeled Avocados From Mexico and lime juice to a medium bowl. Mash with forks or a mini-masher until smooth. Add shallots, bell pepper, dill, and chives and mix until combined. Season with salt to taste. Transfer guacamole to serving bowl and garnish with dill and chives (optional). Serve immediately or chill for up to 4 hours before serving.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Avocados From Mexico.