This Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Olive Garden Copycat Recipe tastes just like the original and it is ready in just 30 minutes! It’s one of my favorite easy dinner recipes!
There is no need to spend hours at the stove babysitting a pan for this recipe, because 30 minutes in all that you need for this Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe. This has been one of the most popular recipes on my blog for years.
What to Serve with Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Cook’s Note for Chicken Gnocchi Soup:
- You can lighten this soup up by using 2 cups of half and half and 2 cups of milk. To lighten up the recipe even further you can even use just milk and it’ll still taste great.
- For this recipe you can cook up your chicken breasts and then dice them, or you can use rotisserie chicken which is usually what I do.
- You can find gnocchi for this recipe in a couple of different places in the supermarket. My local store sells shelf-stable potato gnocchi where dry pasta is sold. Sometimes you can find them in the refrigerated section where ravioli or tortellini are sold.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients – Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup:
ONE YEAR AGO: Best Peanut Butter Cookies
TWO YEARS AGO: Citrus Cream Pasta
THREE YEARS AGO: Loaded Broccoli Cheese Fries
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups half-and-half 1 quart
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup chicken cooked and diced or shredded
- 1 pound package gnocchi
- salt & pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese – for garnish
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent and lightly browned around the edges, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir constantly as the flour cooks, about 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the half and half and simmer until thickened, about 4-6 minutes.
- Whisk in the chicken broth and simmer until thickened again about 2-4 minutes.
- Add the Carrots, spinach leaves, parsley, thyme, chicken, and gnocchi. Continue to cook until all the ingredients are just heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies– Better than Lofthouse! - October 16, 2019
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew - October 12, 2019
- New York-Style Thin Crust Pizza - October 9, 2019