These Gluten-Free Monster Cookies are loaded with peanut butter, oats, and M&Ms. They have crispy edges and are soft and chewy.
It costs about $8.41 to make these cookies. The recipe makes twenty-four cookies which cost approximately $0.35 per cookie.
I debated whether or not I should call these Monster Cookies “Gluten-Free.” While they are gluten-free, I don’t want their gluten-free label to dissuade anyone from trying them. They’re THE BEST Monster Cookies you’ll ever try. They happen to be gluten-free, too!
This Gluten-Free Monster Cookie recipe yields soft and chewy cookies that are full of peanut butter, oats, chocolate, and M&Ms. They are perfect for after-school snacks, play date treats, family gatherings, and pot lucks, or delivering to a friend. The fact that these Monster Cookies are Gluten Free is a bonus and one that no one will realize without you telling them!
I’ve been playing around with this recipe for a while now, giving my final batch to friends and family. They were an instant hit, and folks couldn’t believe they had no flour!
Processing half of the oats into oat flour adds the cohesive cookie texture everyone expects from a cookie. However, this is a step not to be skipped!
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.35
Recipe Cost: $8.41
- 3 ½ cups old-fashioned oats – $1.74
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda – $0.01
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter – $0.78
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter – $0.88
- 1 cup dark brown sugar – $0.44
- ½ cup granulated sugar – $0.08
- 2 large eggs – $0.46
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract – $1.32
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips – $1.32
- ½ cup peanut butter chips – $0.99
- ½ cup plain M&Ms + more for garnish – $0.39
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make Gluten-Free Monster Cookies
- First, add two cups of oats to the food processor and process until the oats turn to flour. Then add the processed oats, the remaining oats, and baking soda to a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Next, cream together the peanut butter, butter, and sugars in a stand mixer. Then mix in the eggs and vanilla before beating in the oats mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and M&Ms. Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line the cookie sheets with parchment paper. Use a 3-Tablespoon scoop to scoop cookie dough on the baking sheets.
- Finally, bake for twelve to thirteen minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through until the cookie edges are lightly browned. Allow the cookies to cool on wire racks before serving.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
STORE: Cookies will keep covered in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
FREEZE: After scooping the dough into balls and placing them on the baking sheets, place the baking sheets in the freezer until the dough is firm. Then, transfer the dough balls to an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to three months.
One of these cookies has 401 calories in it. Please see the information at the bottom of the recipe card for the complete nutritional value information for these cookies.
Monster cookies are made with simple ingredients that consist of oats, peanut butter, baking soda, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and M&Ms. For a detailed list of the amounts of each ingredient, please see the recipe card below.
Place scooped cookie dough on a baking sheet in the freezer until the dough is firm. Then, transfer the dough balls to an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to three months.
- Twix Cookies
- Paradise Cookies
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Birthday Cookies Recipe
- Black and White Cookies
- Perfect Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle
- Sugar Cookie Bars
Gluten-Free Monster Cookies
- 3 ½ cups old-fashioned oats separated
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup plain M&M’s + more for garnish
MAKE COOKIE DOUGH:
- Add 2 cups of oats to the bowl of a food processor. Process until oats turn to flour.
- Add processed oats, the remaining 1 ½ cups of oats, and baking soda to a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, cream together peanut butter, butter, and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat to combine. Add oats mixture and beat on low until fully incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate, peanut butter, and M&M’s until evenly distributed.
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill cookie dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
PREP OVEN AND COOKIE SHEETS:
- Fifteen minutes before baking, move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats.
- Using a 3-Tablespoon scoop, scoop cookie dough and place it on a cookie sheet 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, rotating cookie sheets halfway through baking until the edges of cookies are lightly browned.
- Move cookie sheets to the wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Remove cookies from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.