Whether you’re looking for a gluten-free cookie recipe or not, you must make these Monster Cookies! They are THE BEST monster cookies you will ever make!
Disclosure: This post for Gluten-Free Monster Cookies recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running.
I debated whether or not I should call these Monster Cookies “Gluten-Free”. While they are gluten-free, I don’t want their gluten-free label to dissuade anyone from trying them. They’re THE BEST Monster Cookies you’ll ever try…they just happen to be gluten-free, too!
I’ve been playing around with this recipe for a while now, and I sent my final test batch to work with my husband. They were an instant hit, and folks couldn’t believe that there was no flour in them!
By processing half of the oats into oat flour, this adds the cohesive cookie texture everyone expects from a cookie. This is a step not to be skipped!
Cook’s Note – Gluten-Free Monster Cookies:
- Not all old-fashioned oats are made equally. Some are processed in the same facility as grain, so make sure you choose a brand that is completely gluten-free (Quaker is!).
- Cookies will keep, covered in an airtight container (my favorite one), for up to 4 days.
Cook’s Tools – Gluten-Free Monster Cookies:
ONE YEAR AGO: Strawberry Spinach Wraps
TWO YEARS AGO: S’Mores Cookie Pizza
THREE YEARS AGO: Yogurt Parfait Breakfast Popsicles
Gluten-Free Monster Cookies - the best Monster Cookies EVER!
- 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats separated
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup plain M&M’s + more for garnish
- Add 2 cups of oats to bowl of food processor. Process until oats turn to flour. Add processed oats, the remaining 1 1/2 cups of oats, and baking soda to medium bowl; set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream together peanut butter, butter, and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat to combine. Add oats mixture and beat on low until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and M&M’s until evenly distributed. Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill cookie dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Fifteen minutes before baking, move oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats. Using a 3-Tablespoon scoop, scoop cookie dough, and place on cookie sheet 3 inches apart. Bake for 12-13 minutes, rotating cookie sheets halfway through baking until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Move cookie sheets to wire rack and cool 5 minutes. Remove cookies from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.