THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
These are the Best Peanut Butter Cookies EVER! They’re soft, super nutty, and drizzled with just the right amount of chocolate.
Making Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle with Kids:
This is a great recipe to make with your kids. My kids, ages 7 and 4, do a few different jobs when helping me make these cookies. They are:
- Scoop the batter using a 2-Tablespoon scoop.
- Make the criss-cross pattern on the cookies.
- Sprinkle the cookies with the white sparkling sugar before baking.
- Drizzle the cookies with the melted chocolate.
If you love these Peanut Butter Cookies, then you’ll love these variations: Gluten-Free Monster Cookies, Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Cookie Bars with Dark Chocolate Chunks.
Cook’s Note – Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle:
- Cookies will keep for 1 week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Cook’s Tools – Best Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle:
ONE YEAR AGO: Goat Cheese Tomato Tart
TWO YEARS AGO: Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
THREE YEARS AGO: Greek Cucumber Sliders
Best Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle
- PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES:
- 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 pound 2 sticks salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Cup roasted salted peanuts finely ground in food processor (should look like bread crumbs)
- 1 Tablespoon white sparkling sugar optional
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- PREP OVEN AND COOKIE SHEETS: Move oven rack to lower-middle position, and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats; set aside.
- MAKE COOKIE BATTER: In medium bowl add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, and whisk together until combined.
- In bowl of stand mixer, add butter and sugars and beat on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat on low until combined, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture and peanuts, and pulse mixer until just incorporated and peanuts are evenly distributed.
- BAKE COOKIES: Using a 2-Tablespoon scoop, scoop cookie dough and roll into balls, and place on prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Using back of fork, press cookies to make criss-cross pattern. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar (optional), and bake, 1 tray at a time, until cookies are puffed up and very lightly browned around edges, about 10-12 minutes. Cool cookies on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with reaming cookie dough.
- MAKE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE: In small heat-proof bowl, add chocolate chips and oil. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minutes, stir and repeat at 30 second intervals at 50% power until chocolate is melted.
- DRIZZLE COOKIES:
- Place foil or parchment paper under cookie rack. Dip fork into melted chocolate and drizzle chocolate over cookies.
- Let chocolate set completely, and then store cookies in air tight container in refrigerator. Bring cookies to room temperature before serving.
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies