The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These are the Best Peanut Butter Cookies EVER! They’re soft, super nutty, and drizzled with just the right amount of chocolate.
Making Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle with Kids:
This is a great recipe to make with your kids. My kids, ages 7 and 4, do a few different jobs when helping me make these cookies. They are:
- Scoop the batter using a 2-Tablespoon scoop.
- Make the criss-cross pattern on the cookies.
- Sprinkle the cookies with the white sparkling sugar before baking.
- Drizzle the cookies with the melted chocolate.
If you love these Peanut Butter Cookies, then you’ll love these variations: Gluten-Free Monster Cookies, Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Cookie Bars with Dark Chocolate Chunks.
Cook’s Note – Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle:
- Cookies will keep for 1 week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Cook’s Tools – Best Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle:
ONE YEAR AGO: Goat Cheese Tomato Tart
TWO YEARS AGO: Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
THREE YEARS AGO: Greek Cucumber Sliders
Best Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle
- PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES:
- 2 ½ Cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ pound 2 sticks salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Cup roasted salted peanuts finely ground in food processor (should look like bread crumbs)
- 1 Tablespoon white sparkling sugar optional
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- PREP OVEN AND COOKIE SHEETS: Move oven rack to lower-middle position, and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats; set aside.
- MAKE COOKIE BATTER: In medium bowl add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, and whisk together until combined.
- In bowl of stand mixer, add butter and sugars and beat on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat on low until combined, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture and peanuts, and pulse mixer until just incorporated and peanuts are evenly distributed.
- BAKE COOKIES: Using a 2-Tablespoon scoop, scoop cookie dough and roll into balls, and place on prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Using back of fork, press cookies to make criss-cross pattern. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar (optional), and bake, 1 tray at a time, until cookies are puffed up and very lightly browned around edges, about 10-12 minutes. Cool cookies on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with reaming cookie dough.
- MAKE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE: In small heat-proof bowl, add chocolate chips and oil. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minutes, stir and repeat at 30 second intervals at 50% power until chocolate is melted.
- DRIZZLE COOKIES:
- Place foil or parchment paper under cookie rack. Dip fork into melted chocolate and drizzle chocolate over cookies.
- Let chocolate set completely, and then store cookies in air tight container in refrigerator. Bring cookies to room temperature before serving.
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies