THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This freezer Breakfast Burritos recipe makes massive burritos that are stuffed with eggs, cheese, bacon, crispy potatoes, guacamole, and my secret ingredient that makes them incredible!
This breakfast burrito recipe is a staple at my house. When I know we have these in the freezer I look forward to waking up. And trust me this is a masterful feat in itself, I am in NO way a morning person!
These breakfast burritos are the perfect way to start your day. They’re incredibly tasty and easy to make. They’ve got some real staying power with the eggs, potatoes, bacon, guacamole, and green chile pinto beans that are packed into them.
I have wanted to share this breakfast burrito recipe with you for SO LONG, but somehow I can’t seem to keep these burritos around long enough to photograph them! Let me show you the insides, then you’ll understand why.
MY SECRET WEAPON: Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans(see them pictured below).
How to make breakfast burrito?
Making this recipe is so easy! First, you will want to warm up your tortillas in the microwave for just a minute. Now it is the fun part! Fill it up with a ¼ cup of cheese, scrambled eggs, bacon, crispy crowns, green chile pinto beans, and guacamole. Fold up the ends and roll the rest of the tortilla up. That’s it! Go enjoy that bad boy!
Mmmm hmm. MEGA describes both the size and flavor explosion of these burritos!
What do you put in a breakfast burrito?
Breakfast burritos are typically filled up with classic American breakfast items like scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage, beans, cheese, veggies, and sour cream. My breakfast burrito recipe calls for my green chile pinto beans. The pinto beans along with the guacamole in these breakfast burritos give every bite a burst of flavor.
How long will a breakfast burrito keep?
Breakfast burritos will freeze well for up to 3 months. To freeze them, wrap the burritos in foil and then place in freezer bags until ready to reheat. When you are ready to reheat the burritos unwrap burrito and cook on high in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- In the breakfast burrito recipe below I call for 1 whole recipe of my green chile pinto beans. I scoop about 1 cup of beans (including the liquid) into each burrito. You’ll have about 2 cups of beans left over after making 12 MEGA breakfast burritos.
- TO FREEZE: wrap burritos in foil and then place in freezer bags until ready to re-heat. Burritos will keep for about 6 months this way.
- TO REHEAT: unwrap the burrito and cook in high in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Let the burrito sit for 3 minutes before eating. Trust me, you don’t want to burn your mouth!
ONE YEAR AGO: Pineapple Salsa
TWO YEARS AGO: Easy Cilantro Thai Chicken
THREE YEARS AGO: Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork
Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- Remove tortilla packaging, and wrap them in a clean kitchen towel. Heat the tortillas in a microwave for 1 minute.
- Layer the bottom third of the tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese, scrambled eggs, bacon, crispy crowns, green chile pinto beans, and guacamole. Really get a hefty amount of filling in there!
- Fold up the sides and bottom of the tortilla. Roll up the rest of the burrito and enjoy!
This recipe first appeared on Food Folks and Fun on August 26, 2015. I have since updated the pictures and some of the originals are below.