The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Slow Cooker Taco Soup recipe is an easy dinner for busy weeknights. Just 8 minutes of prep time are needed to get this soup cooking in the crockpot!
Disclosure: This post For Slow Cooker Taco Soup was sponsored by S&W Beans and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
We all love quick, easy dinners for busy weeknights, right? I especially love them for back-to-school time. Between running errands, school pickup/drop off, and extracurricular activities, quick and easy recipes are a MUST at my house!
With this Slow Cooker Taco Soup recipe I just brown the ground beef in the morning, dump all of the other ingredients into my slow cooker, and then I’m ready for dinner time hours later!
When a dinner is easy to prepare and good for you, that’s a win-win in my book! I love loading this soup up with S&W Beans because they have the highest standards in the industry. They don’t just look great, but they taste great, too! Frankly, no one does beans better. They have a ton of varieties: red kidney beans, garbanzo beans, black beans, pinto beans, white, beans, and other varieties like less sodium and organic beans, too!
If I was to make the beans for this recipe from scratch, then I would have to spend hours in the kitchen cooking them. Thankfully S&W Beans are so convenient and such a time-saver that, consequently, I don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen making this Taco Soup!
S&W Beans offer a wide variety of ways to use beans, some even out of the ordinary.
For more information, (and a coupon!), find S&W Beans here:
WEBSITE | COUPON | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
When I make this Slow Cooker Taco Soup, I round out the meal by making my Sour Cream Cornbread or my Cheesy Green Chile Cornbread!
BONUS: make a double batch of the cornbread to have a grab-and-go breakfast for the next morning!
Cook’s Note – Slow Cooker Taco Soup:
- Leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To freeze this Taco Soup to cook later: Brown the ground beef, and then dump everything in a gallon-size freezer bag and freeze! This mixture will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months. When you’re ready to slow cook, just add the frozen mixture to the slow cooker and add 2 hours to the slow cooking time.
ONE YEAR AGO: Apple Pie Spice Recipe
TWO YEARS AGO: Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
THREE YEARS AGO: Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 16 oz bottle chunky salsa
- 1¾ cups chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can S&W black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 oz can S&W pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- GARNISHES optional:
- shredded Mexican cheese
- sour cream
- diced avocado
- sliced green onion
- chopped cilantro
- tortilla strips
- In large skillet over medium-high heat cook ground beef until browned and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer ground beef to slow cooker insert and add tomato sauce, salsa, chicken broth, beans, and taco seasoning. Stir until combined, and then cook on low for 6 hours. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, green onions, cilantro, and tortilla strips (optional).
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Kavita Favelle | Kavey Eats says
What a great use of some ready-prepped canned items to make a fresh, delicious and colourful home-cooked meal. Really like the look of the taco soup, not something I’d have thought to use a slow cooker for!
Amy | The Cook Report says
Slow cooker recipes are perfect for the colder months when it’s already dark when I get home and I just want to curl up with a bowl of something! This soup looks amazing
It’s amazing what you can do with the slow cooker. Anything Mexican gets a thumbs up from me.