This Slow Cooker Taco Soup recipe is an easy dinner for busy weeknights. Just 8 minutes of prep time are needed to get this soup cooking in the crockpot!
Disclosure: This post For Slow Cooker Taco Soup was sponsored by S&W Beans and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
We all love quick, easy dinners for busy weeknights, right? I especially love them for back-to-school time. Between running errands, school pickup/drop off, and extracurricular activities, quick and easy recipes are a MUST at my house!
With this Slow Cooker Taco Soup recipe I just brown the ground beef in the morning, dump all of the other ingredients into my slow cooker, and then I’m ready for dinner time hours later!
When a dinner is easy to prepare and good for you, that’s a win-win in my book! I love loading this soup up with S&W Beans because they have the highest standards in the industry. They don’t just look great, but they taste great, too! Frankly, no one does beans better. They have a ton of varieties: red kidney beans, garbanzo beans, black beans, pinto beans, white, beans, and other varieties like less sodium and organic beans, too!
If I was to make the beans for this recipe from scratch, then I would have to spend hours in the kitchen cooking them. Thankfully S&W Beans are so convenient and such a time-saver that, consequently, I don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen making this Taco Soup!
S&W Beans offer a wide variety of ways to use beans, some even out of the ordinary.
For more information, (and a coupon!), find S&W Beans here:
BONUS: make a double batch of the cornbread to have a grab-and-go breakfast for the next morning!
Cook’s Note – Slow Cooker Taco Soup:
- Leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To freeze this Taco Soup to cook later: Brown the ground beef, and then dump everything in a gallon-size freezer bag and freeze! This mixture will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months. When you’re ready to slow cook, just add the frozen mixture to the slow cooker and add 2 hours to the slow cooking time.
ONE YEAR AGO: Apple Pie Spice Recipe
TWO YEARS AGO: Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
THREE YEARS AGO: Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 16 oz bottle chunky salsa
- 1¾ cups chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can S&W black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 oz can S&W pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- GARNISHES optional:
- shredded Mexican cheese
- sour cream
- diced avocado
- sliced green onion
- chopped cilantro
- tortilla strips
- In large skillet over medium-high heat cook ground beef until browned and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer ground beef to slow cooker insert and add tomato sauce, salsa, chicken broth, beans, and taco seasoning. Stir until combined, and then cook on low for 6 hours. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, green onions, cilantro, and tortilla strips (optional).