Key Lime Pie is simply THE pie of summer! This recipe has an amazing coconut graham cracker crust, a creamy lime interior, and a perfectly sweet whipped cream topping.
During the summer Key Lime Pie is my go-to dessert for special dinners, barbecues, and pot lucks. It’s a classic summertime dessert that everyone always loves! I love this recipe because it’s easy and so incredibly delicious. I also love the addition of the toasted coconut to both the crust and topping. When fresh raspberries are in season I like to serve them alongside the pie, too.
Cook’s Note – Key Lime Pie:
- When making the whipped topping for the pie, it is SO important that the cream cheese is at room temperature, this will make sure your whipped topping isn’t lumpy!
- The Key Lime Pie will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
Cook’s Tools – Key Lime Pie:
Affiliate links below.
1 YEAR AGO: Brownie Sundae Cupcakes
2 YEARS AGO: Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
3 YEARS AGO: Italian Chopped Pasta Salad
Key Lime Pie
- GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ sweetened flaked coconut toasted
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- KEY LIME PIE FILLING:
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 ¾ cups sweetened condensed milk about 1 ½ 14 ounce cans
- 1 ¼ cup key lime juice
- WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut toasted
- Lime slices for garnish optional
- FOR GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST: Move oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl combine crumbs, coconut, sugar, and butter. Use your hands to mix evenly until mixture resembles wet sand. Press crumbs into bottom and up sides of 9.5-inch deep-dish pie plate. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until edges start to turn golden brown. Move crust to wire rack to cool while you make key lime filling; keep oven on.
- FOR KEY LIME PIE FILLING: In medium bowl whisk together sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, and lime juice until smooth. Pour mixture into baked graham cracker crust. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until pie jiggles slightly. Turn off oven and leave pie in for another 5 minutes. Move pie to wire rack and cool completely, about 2-3 hours.
- FOR WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING: In bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, add heavy cream and powdered sugar. Beat mixture until stiff peaks form. Cut cream cheese into 8 pieces and set mixer to low. Slowly add cream cheese, piece by piece, and mix until fully incorporated.
- TO FINISH PIE: Spread whipped cream evenly over pie, you can even pipe rosettes with a Wilton 1M tip. Garnish with toasted coconut and lime slices (optional). Chill until ready to serve.
Disclosure: This post for Key Lime Pie includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies– Better than Lofthouse! - October 16, 2019
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew - October 12, 2019
- New York-Style Thin Crust Pizza - October 9, 2019