The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
You’ll love how easy this creamy crockpot green bean casserole is to make! This classic comfort food is perfect for any occasion and made even better in the slow cooker.
It costs approximately $14.00 to make this casserole. The casserole serves ten and costs around $1.40 per serving.
Table of Contents
When you make this Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole, you will gain valuable oven space for cooking the other dishes you need to make.
You’ll get the same great-tasting casserole with this hands-off approach. Put everything in the crockpot, set it to low for a couple of hours, and that’s it. You will come back to a perfectly cooked Green Bean Casserole.
Making this Crockpot Green Bean Casserole will take one stress away during dinner prep! Enjoy the extra time you have on your hands after making this staple side dish!
What You’ll Love About Crockpot Green Bean Casserole:
- Simple Recipe: It does not get much easier than a crockpot recipe. And with only seven simple ingredients needed in this recipe, the hardest part is waiting for it to be done.
- Vintage Recipe: You probably remember your grandma making this casserole for Thanksgiving. I give this classic recipe an update to make it even easier without sacrificing flavor.
- Holiday Classic: This side dish is a must-have throughout the holiday season. Serve it for Christmas dinner, Thanksgiving dinner, and Easter.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost:
Per Serving Cost: $1.40
Recipe Cost: $14.00
- 3 cans (14.5 oz) cut green beans – $4.77
- 2 cans (10.5 oz) cream of mushroom soup – $3.78
- ½ cup milk – $0.12
- ¼ teaspoon salt – $0.01
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder – $0.01
- 6 oz can of French-fried onions – $5.29
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in November 2023.
How To Make Crockpot Green Bean Casserole:
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, lightly spray the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Then, drain the green beans and pour them into the crockpot.
- Using a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, and seasonings.
- Pour the soup mixture over the green beans.
- Mix until combined.
- Then, fold in half of the French Fried Onions can.
- Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low for two to three hours or on high for one hour.
- Finally, remove the lid and sprinkle the remaining fried onions on top of the casserole before serving.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- You can substitute cream of celery soup for cream of mushroom.
- You can make cream soup using my cream of mushroom soup base recipe.
- Bacon Green Bean Casserole: Cook 4-6 slices of bacon until crispy. Crumble the bacon and add it to the casserole before folding in the French-fried onions.
- Cheesy Green Bean Casserole: Add ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the casserole before folding in the French-fried onions.
- Almond Green Bean Casserole: Add ¼ cup of chopped almonds to the casserole before sprinkling on the remaining French fried onions.
Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole Storage Tips:
STORE: Allow the casserole to cool completely before storing. Place the casserole in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
FREEZE: Allow the casserole to cool completely before freezing. Place the casserole in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
THAW: Thaw the casserole overnight in the refrigerator.
REHEAT: Reheat the casserole in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes or until heated.
I’ve tested this receipt with different measurements and soups to create the perfect casserole dish full of flavor and far from soupy!
The beauty of this recipe is the ease with which it is made. To simplify it, I opted to use canned green beans instead of frozen, and it comes out perfect every single time.
This Crockpot Green Bean Casserole will stay fresh in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to four days.
More Thanksgiving Recipes:
- Cranberry Mocktail
- Smoked Sweet Potatoes
- Classic Homemade Stuffing
- Smoked Turkey Breast
- Homemade Crescent Rolls
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies Recipe
- Best Thanksgiving Salad
- Best Brine For Thanksgiving Turkey
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls
Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3 cans (14.5 oz each) green beans drained
- 2 cans (10.5 oz each) cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk whole or 2%
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 6 oz can of French-fried onions
- Lightly spray the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain green beans and add to the crockpot.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, and seasonings until smooth.
- Pour the soup mixture over the green beans and mix gently.
- Fold in half of the can of French fried onions.
SLOW COOK CASSEROLE:
- Place lid on the crockpot and cook on LOW for 2-3 hours or on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Remove the crockpot lid and sprinkle the remaining fried onions on top.
- Serve immediately.