The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Chocolate Ribbon Vanilla Pound Cake with Almonds recipe is dressed up with a ribbon of chocolate and almonds!
I Like Big Bundts, and I Cannot Lie. Yep, I went there, folks. But seriously, look at this Chocolate Ribbon Vanilla Pound Cake recipe with Almonds and tell me you’re not thinking the same thing. Do you have that song stuck in your head now? Oh good. Now you have a personal soundtrack to listen to as you dance your way into the kitchen and whip up this pound cake recipe!
This is my new favorite vanilla pound cake recipe, and since I love vanilla, it’s my favorite bundt cake recipe EVER! This pound cake is so buttery (it better be because there’s 1 1/2 pounds of butter in this big, beautiful pound cake recipe)!
While this cake is buttery, it’s not greasy at all. So, consequently, something completely magical happens at the bottom of the pan with all of those almonds–they become almost candy-like as they bake into this pound cake.
First of all, let’s talk about that chocolate ribbon. Of course, you’d probably want the chocolate chips dispersed throughout this vanilla pound cake recipe but think again.
In addition to their flavor boost, the mini chocolate chips melt and become this fantastic ribbon surrounded by rich, buttery pound cake. As a result, it creates something extraordinary. Consequently, it’s something you don’t want to skip!
This pound cake recipe…
- is big
- is coated in candy-like almonds
- has a chocolate ribbon running throughout
What’s not to love?
- Butter is a MUST in this pound cake recipe, so no substitutions!
- If you don’t have cake flour in your pantry, whip up a recipe of my Cake Flour Substitute Recipe, and you’ll be good to go!
- This vanilla pound cake recipe stands on its own, so you don’t need to serve ice cream or whipped cream with it. However, I suggest serving it with a tall glass of milk!
- This pound cake recipe will serve 16, so it’s an excellent cake for bringing to pot lucks or large get-togethers!
Chocolate Ribbon Vanilla Pound Cake recipe with Almonds
- 10 Ounce package mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ Cups butter
- 3 ½ Cups powdered sugar sifted
- 6 large eggs
- 2 ½ Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ Cups cake flour sifted
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Beat the butter in a large bowl with a mixer on high speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add powdered sugar. Increase the speed to medium and beat the mixture until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs. one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Slowly beat in the flour into the creamed mixture.
- Heavily butter and dust with flour a 10-inch (12 cup) plain or decorative bundt pan; add almonds, then tilt the pan to coat inside with nuts. Add half the batter into the pan and smooth to even out (batter will be thick). Evenly distribute the mini chocolate chips over the batter. Add the remaining batter and smooth.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 90-100 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen cake and invert out onto wire rack and let cool at least 1 hour. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature, cut into thin slices.
Make ahead: up to 2 days, stored at room temperature.
Pound Cake Recipe Love:
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Hmmmummm How nice cake! Should be delicious 🙂 Gonna try! tysm
I’m gonna have to make this for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is to steal your headline and see if I can get a few laughs 😉
🙂 Enjoy and have fun.
It looks so yummy!! I can’t wait to try this!
OK, I think I gained weight looking at this thing…looks so good! Thank you for sharing.
Jillian; this vanilla pound cake recipe looks very good but I am looking for a basic vanilla pound cake with no extras. Do you have something in your recipe files that would fit the bill? Thanks. Love the blog. Doing the buttermilk pie this Easter.
I do not have a basic vanilla pound cake, but I do have a plain cream cheese pound cake. You can find the recipe here: https://foodfolksandfun.net/cream-cheese-pound-cake/
Have a great Easter, and enjoy the buttermilk pie!
I love bundt cakes too, but I had to get rid on my bundt cake pan when I moved 🙁 I think I need to get another one, specifically to make this because…wow!
I love that you went there. This look s so good!
Geoffrey at Spoonabilities says
Bundt cakes are our favorite type of cakes to make. So versatile. We have a bunch of them and will need to try yours now.
This bundt cake recipe is so easy! I can whip it up in a jiffy! The chocolate ribbon in the middle is a nice surprise!