This is my Brownie Brittle Recipe that’s made from a box mix for a quick and easy treat! I bet you have all the ingredients in your pantry now!
Brownie Brittle Recipe – from a box mix
This Brownie Brittle Recipe is next in my #FoodIsLove blog series. I love brownies, but I especially love those crispy, delectable brownie edges. About a year ago I tried brownie brittle from the store and instantly fell in love. If you haven’t tried brownie brittle before, it’s basically a bag full of those awesome brownie edges…amazing, right!?! Store bought brownie brittle is expensive, so today I’m sharing my Brownie Brittle Recipe with you that you can make for a fraction of the cost. It’s super easy to make, and uses a box mix.
Ingredients & Kitchen Tools Needed:
* BROWNIE MIX – I recommend Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix (18 ounce package)
* VEGETABLE OIL
*OFFSET SPATULA (this is the one I use)
* BAKING SHEET (this is the one I love and use)
*PARCHMENT PAPER (this is what I use)
How to make Brownie Brittle
STEP 1:: Prepare the baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
STEP 2:: Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
STEP 3:: Use a whisk to mix until just combined.
STEP 4:: Pour the batter onto the prepared baking sheet.
STEP 5:: Using an offset spatula, spread the batter into a thin layer, as thin as you can get it.
STEP 6:: Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely and then either break apart with a knife, or cut into pieces using a pizza cutter.
Brownie Brittle Recipe Notes:
*If you want the brittle in uniform pieces like mine, then you need to score the brittle with the pizza cutter as soon as it comes out of the oven. Once it’s cooled, break it apart completely by cutting it with the pizza cutter.
- 1 18-ounce Brownie Mix (I used Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Use an offset spatula to spread batter into a thin layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before breaking apart with a knife or cutting with a pizza cutter.
Brownie Brittle Pairing
The Brownie Brittle would pair perfectly with my cheesecake dips:
#FoodIsLove Blog Series
Here are other recipes from my #FoodIsLove Blog Series:
Enter my February Giveaway!
Disclosure: This post for Brownie Bark Brittle Recipe – from a box mix includes affiliate links. This means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.