This Christmas Cranberry Salad is simply the best. It’s loaded with tart cranberries, whipped cream, pineapple, coconut, marshmallows, and pomegranate seeds.
Disclosure: This Christmas Cranberry Salad recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy an item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
Whether you call this Cranberry Fluff Salad, Christmas Cranberry Salad, or Christmas Ambrosia Salad it doesn’t matter, because it could simply be called one thing: delicious! This cranberry salad will be an unexpected treat on your Christmas or Thanksgiving table that folks will go crazy for!
Cook’s Note – Christmas Cranberry Salad:
- This cranberry salad can be made up to 2 days in advance. If you plan on making it that far in advance I suggest waiting to add the marshmallows until a few hours before serving. I find that if you let them sit in the salad for a few days they sort of melt.
- To make this cranberry salad even more decadent, try adding a cup of toasted and chopped pecans.
- As a side dish this will serve 10-12 people, as a dessert it will serve 8.
Cook’s Tools – Christmas Cranberry Salad:
ONE YEAR AGO: Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies
TWO YEARS AGO: Pepperoni Pizza Salad Sandwich
THREE YEARS AGO: Browned Butter M&M Pretzel Cookies
- 12-ounce package fresh cranberries (3 cups)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (from ½ a large pomegranate)
- In large saucepan over high heat combine cranberries, sugar, water, and cinnamon. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer. Simmer 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to large bowl and cool completely.
- Beat Whipping cream and vanilla with whisk attachment on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, about 3-4 minutes. Do not overbeat.
- Once cranberry mixture is cooled, fold in whipped cream, drained pineapple, coconut, and marshmallows. Cover and chill at least 2 hour or overnight. Right before serving cover with pomegranate seeds. Serve.
More Cranberry Recipes: