This Cranberry Fluff Salad is simply the best. It’s loaded with tart cranberries, whipped cream, pineapple, coconut, marshmallows, and pomegranate seeds.
$6.67 is all it costs to serve my take on this vintage recipe that is a holiday staple. The recipe makes 12 servings, which is only $0.56 per serving.
Cranberry Fluff Salad
Do you struggle to eat plain cranberries? Me too. No idea why, but they are not my favorite. But when the cranberries combine with other flavors, I absolutely love them.
That’s where this cranberry whipped cream salad comes into play. Everything’s better with homemade whipped cream.
Whether you call this Cranberry Fluff Salad, Christmas Cranberry Salad, or Christmas Ambrosia Salad it doesn’t matter because it could be called one thing: delicious!
This cranberry fluff salad will be an unexpected treat on your Christmas or Thanksgiving table that folks will go crazy for!
It is almost like eating dessert for dinner! That’s a dish we can all get behind, right?! Make this Christmas Cranberry Salad at your Christmas gathering or any other time.
How long is cranberry salad good for?
You can keep fresh cranberries in the fridge for up to 3-4 weeks. That’s a long time! Or you can keep it in the freezer, after storing it properly for about 10-12 months. The put together salad will stay fresh in your fridge for 3-4 days.
How do you thicken cranberry salad?
Start with reducing the sauce even more than you already have. This helps additional liquid cook off so the mixture can thicken. If you do not have luck with that, you can add a thickener such as gelatin, pectin, or cornstarch that has been whisked into water. After you have done this, let the sauce cool completely before placing it in the fridge.
Can you eat raw cranberries?
You can definitely eat raw cranberries. Raw cranberries may not taste very good to you, as they are pretty bitter tasting. Cranberries are one of the most healthy and beneficial fruits to eat. You can do so much with cranberries. See my recommendations for other recipes using cranberries at the bottom of this post.
How to make Christmas Cranberry Salad:
- First, combine cranberries, sugar, water, and cinnamon in a saucepan and bring it to a boil before reducing it to a simmer. After you let it simmer for 10 minutes, move the mixture to a separate bowl and cool completely.
- Next, beat whipping cream and vanilla on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form. Then fold in whipped cream.
- Fold in drained pineapple, coconut, and marshmallows.
- Finally, cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds before serving.
- large saucepan
- mixing bowls
- handheld mixer
- serving bowl
How much will this recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $6.67
PER SERVING COST: $0.56
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 12 ounce package fresh cranberries – $1.98
- ½ cup granulated sugar – $0.11
- 1 cup water – $0.00
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon – $0.02
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream – $1.17
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract – $0.15
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple – $0.98
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut – $0.82
- 2 cups mini marshmallows – $0.44
- ½ a large pomegranate – $1.00
More cranberry recipes:
- Cranberry Chicken Salad with Pecans for Sandwiches
- Thanksgiving Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Cranberry Limeade Sparkling Mocktail
- Cranberry Bread Recipe with Orange and Pecans
- Copycat Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Orange Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
- Cranberry-Pecan Curry Rice
- Cranberry-Walnut Flatbread Cracker Bites
- Cranberry Rolls w/ Orange Icing
- Cranberry Macadamia Nut Stuffing
Christmas Cranberry Fluff Salad
- 12 ounce package fresh cranberries 3 cups
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple well drained
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds from ½ a large pomegranate
- In large saucepan over high heat combine cranberries, sugar, water, and cinnamon. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer. Simmer 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to large bowl and cool completely.
- Beat Whipping cream and vanilla with whisk attachment on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, about 3-4 minutes. Do not overbeat.
- Once cranberry mixture is cooled, fold in whipped cream, drained pineapple, coconut, and marshmallows. Cover and chill at least 2 hour or overnight. Right before serving cover with pomegranate seeds. Serve.
- This cranberry salad can be made up to 2 days in advance if you plan on making it that far in advance, I suggest waiting to add the marshmallows until a few hours before serving. I find that if you let them sit in the salad for a few days, they sort of melt.
- To make this cranberry salad even more decadent, try adding a cup of toasted and chopped pecans.
- As a side dish, this will serve 12 people; as a dessert, it will serve 8.