The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
20-Minute Tortellini Soup is a great cold-weather recipe for easy weeknight dinners. It’s not only delicious and easy to make, but it’s also economical, too!
20-Minute Tortellini Soup
Whether you’re knee-deep in holiday plans or need an easy, go-to weeknight dinner, I’ve got you covered with this 20-Minute Tortellini Soup recipe! It’s deliciously rustic and packed with flavor. It’s a perfect recipe for cooler weather, and my entire family gobbles it up!
What’s great about this soup is that it is completely customizable. You can use various canned beans like cannellini, garbanzo, butter beans, or even navy beans.
You can also use any tortellini or small ravioli that you have. Additionally, if you have some fresh spinach on hand, then give it a rough chop and throw it in the soup right before serving.
RELATED RECIPES: Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup | Easy Sausage Gumbo
How long is it good for?
SERVE: You can keep this at room temperature for about 2 hours before it will need to be refrigerated.
STORE: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
FREEZE: Place the soup in an airtight container or freezer-safe Ziploc bag and freeze for up to 6 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Place the soup in a saucepan over medium heat and cook until heated through.
Cook’s Note – 20-Minute Tortellini Soup
- To get this recipe on the table in 20 minutes, chop the tomatoes and basil, and shred the Parmesan cheese while you wait for the chicken stock to come to a low boil.
- This recipe doubles beautifully to feed a crowd.
- For a heartier meal, add some cooked ground Italian sausage, either sweet or hot, when you add the soup’s tomatoes and beans.
ONE YEAR AGO: Sweet Chipotle Pork Taco
TWO YEARS AGO: Gingerbread Cookies with Orange Glaze
THREE YEARS AGO: Caramel Cashew Shortbread Bars
20-Minute Tortellini Soup
- 1 quart chicken stock 4 cups
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fennel seed
- 10 ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 15 ounce canned beans cannellini or garbanzo
- 1 cup chopped fresh Roma tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 ½ Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a soup pot, bring chicken stock, garlic powder, and fennel seeds to a low boil.
- Add tortellini and cook 8-9 minutes, or until tender.
- Add beans, tomatoes, and basil; reduce heat to simmer and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve!
MORE DELICIOUS SOUP RECIPES:
Slow Cooker Beef and Barley Soup
Quick & Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Brad Jones says
I tried this for a quick winter time warm up. It’s a winner. As my wife said, this one is a keeper! I added sweet italian sausage and used lower sodium stock. Next time I’ll try lower sodium cannellini beans also. With the sausage added it didn’t need any salt or sodium at all.
Thanks for a great recipe – easy, quick and delicious! Exactly what a guy messing up the kitchen needs! 5 STARS!
I’m thrilled this recipe was a hit! Thanks for stopping by to let me know! 🙂
Yum! Definitely a family favorite! Can’t wait to make this recipe again soon! So delicious and full of flavor!
I love easy to throw together soups for a quick lunch or dinner in the cold weather. Can’t wait to give this a try!
Shadi Hasanzadenemati says
Love all the flavors here, I already know I’m going to enjoy this recipe a lot!
I love tortellini anytime and the flavors makes this like restaurant food without the price tag. A perfect recipe and totally hassle-free. Thanks for sharing!
Toni Dash says
Such a delicious and comforting dinner! Everyone at my house loved it!