THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This Mexican Lasagna recipe is an easy weeknight dinner that’s freezer-friendly and loaded with stacked tortillas, seasoned ground beef, beans, Rotel tomatoes, and cheese…lots of cheese!
Recently my family drove from Rhode Island to California for a military move. Along the way we visited and stayed with some fabulous friends throughout of country. We stayed over Easter weekend with my dear friend, Monica and her family. On our first night there Monica made this Mexican Lasagna for dinner. It was so stinkin’ yummy that I immediately asked for the recipe. Thanks, Monica for this awesome, quick & easy recipe!
Mexican Lasagna Freezer Directions:
- Make the recipe below in a disposable aluminum pan. Make the Mexican Lasagna recipe up to step 6. Then, wrap the pan in 2 layers of foil and freeze for up to 2 months.
- The night before you plan on serving the lasagna, place the pan in the refrigerator to defrost. Then, bake at 350 degrees F for 60-75 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the lasagna is nice and bubbly.
Cook’s Note – Mexican Lasagna Recipe:
- Monica says she often make this for a crowd and prepares it either the night before or in the morning. She keeps it in the fridge until she’s ready to cook it.
- Leftovers will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- To round out the meal, I like to serve this Mexican Lasagna with my Slow Cooker Refried Beans and Mexican Corn Salad.
Cook’s Tools – Mexican Lasagna:
ONE YEAR AGO: Easy Broccoli Quiche
TWO YEARS AGO: Salted Caramel
THREE YEARS AGO: Yogurt Curry Dip
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 10-ounce cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 10-ounce can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 Cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 15-ounce cans Ranch Style Beans
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat Oven to 350 F. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the ground beef and taco seasoning and cook, stirring often, until the beef is completely cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream and cream of chicken soup, set aside.
- Tear 4 tortillas in half (you'll have 8 halves) and layer them in the bottom of your pan.
- Put half the cooked meat over tortillas, and pour 1 can of the ranch style beans and 1 can of the Rotel tomatoes over the beef. Then spread half the sour cream mixture over the beans. Top with 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Cut your remaining tortillas in half and layer them in the pan. Layer the remaining ingredients as you did above: the ranch style beans, Rotel tomatoes, sour cream mixture, and cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the lasagna is nice and bubbly.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle to top with chopped cilantro, if desired.
This Mexican Lasagna recipe first appeared on FFF on April 18, 2013. I recently updated the pictures but you can see a few of the originals below.