It is so easy to make homemade fudge with this 3 Ingredient Fudge recipe! Serve it at a party or pack it in a festive tin as a simple gift!
It costs about $3.28 to make this fudge recipe that makes 24 pieces. That’s only $0.14 per serving!
If you have seven minutes, then you can quickly whip up a batch of this fudge to give as a last-minute gift, to add to your holiday trays, or to get your chocolate fix to help you survive the holiday rush!
What’s even better than the tiny amount of time this recipe takes to prep is that it only takes three ingredients to make it! And you most likely already have the ingredients on hand!
This recipe is made with chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract. That is it!
The ingredients come together to make a rich and creamy fudge that is full of chocolate flavor.
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.14
Recipe Cost: $3.28
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips – $1.74
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk – $1.23
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – $0.31
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Next, melt the chocolate chip and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared pan.
- Next, place the baking dish in the fridge for at least three hours to allow time for the fudge to become firm.
- Finally, cut the fudge into slices before serving.
- Peanut Butter Fudge – Use white chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet and add ½ cup of peanut butter. You do not need to add the vanilla extract.
- Mint Fudge – Use mint chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet or add ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract in place of the vanilla.
- Marshmallow Swirl – After pouring the chocolate into the pan, place 4 spoonful’s of marshmallow crème onto the top of the fudge (about ½ cup total). Use a knife to swirl the marshmallow cream into the fudge mixture.
- Nuts – After the chocolate has melted, stir in ½ – ¾ cup of your favorite chopped nuts, along with the vanilla extract.
- Oreo Fudge – Break 10-12 Oreos into chunks and mix the pieces into the chocolate mixture.
SERVE: Slice the fudge into squares and serve chilled or at room temperature for very soft consistency.
STORE: Store the 3 Ingredient Fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
FREEZE: Wrap the fudge in wax paper and then with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. It will keep in the freezer for about 2 months when frozen this way.
- 8×8-inch baking dish
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Rubber Scraper
Vanilla extract enhances the flavor of the chocolate. So while it is not a necessary ingredient or can be left out, it is not one I recommend skipping as it adds to the overall flavor of the fudge.
Typically this happens when the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk do not cook long enough in the microwave. If those two ingredients are not entirely melted, the fudge will not set up correctly while chilling in the fridge.
You can substitute maple syrup or almond extract in a pinch. Just note that it will slightly alter the taste of the fudge if you use a substitution. Especially if you use the almond extract as it has a more robust flavor than vanilla.
This easy fudge can be made using a double boiler. Add an inch or two of water to a pan. Place your double boiler or a heat-safe bowl on top of the pan, ensuring that the water does not touch the bowl. Bring the water to a boil, then turn to low heat to maintain a simmer. Add the chocolate and sweetened condensed milk to the bowl, and frequently stir until melted.
If the top of your fudge is lumpy, you can place your microwave-safe baking dish into the microwave for 30 seconds to reheat the chocolate. Then, remove it from the microwave and work quickly to smooth the surface using a beveled spatula.
Yes, low-fat or fat-free sweetened condensed milk works fine in this recipe.
No, this recipe will not work with regular milk. Sweetened condensed milk adds both flavor and texture to the recipe.
More Holiday Desserts
- Peppermint Bark Candy
- Chocolate Meringue Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies
- Christmas Rice Krispie Treats
- Caramel Pretzel Turtles
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Christmas Tree Brownies
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- Christmas Wreath Cookies
3 Ingredient Fudge
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 12 ounces
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
LINE BAKING DISH:
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with a square piece of parchment paper that goes up the sides.
- Put the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a medium-sized bowl.
- Microwave for one minute and then stir well. If the chocolate chips are not yet melted, microwave an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, then immediately pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, until the fudge is fully set and firm.
SLICE AND STORE:
- Slice the fudge into squares and store it in an airtight container.