The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This cool and creamy Grape Salad recipe is made with cream cheese, sour cream, white and brown sugar, and pecans for a nice crunch. It’s a delicious fruit salad that’s both sweet and sour and always a crowd favorite.
This recipe serves 12 and costs $15.16 to make. It costs $1.27 per serving to make.
Grape Salad is one of those vintage recipes our grandmothers always made. It is a classic recipe that never goes out of style. I love making it during the Christmas season because it looks so festive with the red and green grapes.
However, this is a cool and creamy salad that would be perfect for a summer BBQ or potluck. It serves a crowd and is always a favorite dish everywhere I bring it.
Sweet tasting grapes are frosted with a tangy mixture of cream cheese and sour cream. The crunchy topping of brown sugar and pecans is the perfect addition to this easy side dish.
This recipe takes twenty minutes to prep and only a handful of ingredients. The hardest part is waiting for it to chill in the fridge before enjoying it!
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $1.27
Recipe Cost: $15.16
- 8 oz cream cheese – $1.96
- 1 cup sour cream – $0.87
- ¼ cup granulated sugar – $0.06
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract – $1.32
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes – $4.96
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes – $4.96
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar – $0.09
- ⅓ cup toasted pecans – $0.94
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- Using a large bowl, beat the cream cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sour cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Beat until mixed together.
- Add in the grapes and toss to combine.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.
- Finally, gently stir and then sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans before serving.
- Instead of sour cream you can use Greek yogurt.
- You can use low-fat cream cheese but please don’t use fat-free cream cheese.
- If you’re serving a crowd, this recipe doubles and triples nicely.
- Instead of pecans you can use chopped walnuts.
- Sometimes I like to dress up the salad by adding crushed up Heath candy bar or chopped Snickers bar on top. It takes this salad to another level!
- During the summer I like to add in quarted strawberries.
SERVE: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldn’t leave this grape salad out for longer than 2 hours.
STORE: This salad will keep for about 24 hours in the refrigerator.
FREEZE: Grape salad does not freeze and defrost well. Because of this, I do not recommend freezing it.
MAKE AHEAD: You can make this salad up to 24 hours ahead of time, but don’t add the brown sugar and nuts until right before serving.
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden mixing spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Handheld mixer
Grape salad is not your traditional green leaf salad. Instead, it is a creamy fruit salad, a fantastic side dish for any gathering or family dinner. It is made with red and green grapes, sour cream, cream cheese, brown sugar, and pecans.
One pound of grapes is equivalent to about 2.5 cups. This recipe calls for two pounds of grapes which is about 5 cups. This measurement may vary depending on the size of the grapes you purchase.
More Christmas Recipes
- Gingerbread Oreo Truffles
- Italian Ricotta Cookies
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Gingerbread Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Christmas Trifle
- Shortbread Cookie Recipe for Embossed Rolling Pin
- Christmas Tree Cheese Ball
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Christmas Ornament Oreo Pops
- Gingerbread Waffles
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes about 5 cups
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes about 5 cups
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in sour cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add grapes and toss to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 1 hour.
- Stir gently. Then, sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans.
- Serve immediately.