The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Air Fryer Filet Mignon recipe is delicious, elegant, and excellent company fare. The best part is that it takes a minimum of time and effort to prepare, thanks to the air fryer!
This recipe costs $19.43 to make. It makes two servings for a total of $9.71 per serving.
Air Fryer Filet Mignon
Filet Mignon in the Air Fryer is a simple dinner for two. Typically, when I think of Filet Mignon, I think of a fancy sit-down restaurant. But that can get pricey! So now, you can have a date night at home and enjoy restaurant-quality food.
And the bonus is that there is no need for a grill or to stand over the stovetop watching the meat trying to pan-sear it perfectly. All you need are a few simple ingredients and an Air Fryer.
Using this process for cooking the Filet Mignon in an Air Fryer creates tender, juicy, perfectly cooked steak every single time. The lean piece of meat is full of flavor and so tender, it slices like butter! Speaking of butter, the garlic butter on top of each steak provides a rich topping that is irresistible!
Jump down to the instructions to see just how easy it is to cook Filet Mignon in the Air Fryer. You may never go back to the grill or pan sear method again!
INGREDIENTS AND ESTIMATED COST
Per Serving Cost: $9.71
Recipe Cost: $19.43
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter – $0.30
- 2 large garlic cloves – $0.10
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley – $0.06
- 2 (6 oz) filet mignon steaks – $18.74
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil – $0.08
- 1 Tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning – $0.15
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
HOW TO COOK FILET MIGNON IN AN AIR FRYER
- First, allow your steaks to sit at room temperature for twenty minutes prior to cooking.
- Then, pat the steaks dry with paper towels and rub olive oil on both sides.
- Next, evenly season both steaks with the steak seasoning.
- Then, using a small bowl, combine the softened butter, garlic, and parsley.
- Set the steaks in the air fryer basket to air fry for 9-14 minutes at 400 degrees F. Flip halfway through the cooking time.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to check for your steak’s ideal doneness: 120-125°F for rare, 125-130°F for medium-rare, 133-140°F for medium, 145-150°F for medium-well, and 160°F for well-done.
- To finish, place the cooked steaks on a plate and scoop a dollop of garlic butter on top of each steak. Cover with foil to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
***For complete instructions, see the recipe card below.
- You eaily double this recipe without altering the cooking times or having to cooking in batches. Most air fryer baskets will be able to fit 4 (6 oz) filet mignon steaks comfortably.
- You can skip the garlic butter and the steaks will still be delicious, but I HIGHLY recommend the garlic butter!
STORAGE AND REHEATING TIPS
SERVE: Serve the steaks immediately after tenting the steaks in foil for 2-3 minutes.
STORE: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
FREEZE: Once the filet mignon is cooled, transfer it to an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to six months.
DEFROST: Defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
REHEAT: Place the steak in a lightly greased air fryer basket. Heat in a 350 degree air fryer for 3-5 minutes depending on the thickness of the meat, or until warmed through.
- Air Fryer
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Instant-read thermometer
Air fryer cook times may vary depending on the brand and air fryer size, and preferred doneness of the steak. This recipe was cooked in a white Cosori 5.8qt air fryer and took about 9-14 minutes to cook.
While this is a hands-off recipe, once you place the steaks in the air fryer, it is beneficial to flip both steaks halfway through the cooking time to ensure they cook evenly.
It is safe to use aluminum foil in an air fryer, as long as it is not covering any substantial parts of the machine. Many people put a small piece on the bottom of the basket to make clean-up faster after cooking. However, I did not use foil in this recipe.
MORE MAIN DISHES
- Pineapple Teriyaki Steak Tips
- How to Grill Strip Steak On a Gas Grill
- Grilled Steak Kabobs
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Beef Negimaki
- Grilled Steak Marsala
- Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Sichuan-Style Orange Beef
- Stuffed Flank Steak Pinwheels
- Air Fryer Prime Rib
Air Fryer Filet Mignon With Garlic Butter
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 2 6 oz filet mignon steaks
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- Cooking spray
- Pull your steaks out of the fridge 20 minutes before cooking.
- Pat the steaks dry with paper towels and rub both sides with olive oil.
- Season the steaks evenly with the steak seasoning.
MAKE GARLIC BUTTER:
- In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, garlic, and fresh parsley. Set aside.
AIR FRY STEAKS:
- Place steaks in the air fryer basket and cook on the air fry setting at 400F for 9-14 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to check for your steak's ideal doneness: 120-125°F for rare, 125-130°F for medium-rare, 133-140°F for medium, 145-150°F for medium-well, and 160°F for well-done.
- Transfer steaks to a plate.
- Scoop a dollop of the garlic butter over each steak, and cover with foil to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving, enjoy!
- Air fryer cook times may vary depending on the brand and air fryer size, and preferred doneness of the steak.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- This recipe was cooked in a white Cosori 5.8qt air fryer.