Disclosure: This post for Grilled Steak Marsala has been compensated by Holland House Cooking Wine. As always all opinions are mine alone.
This Grilled Steak Marsala recipe is bursting with flavor and it boasts a subtle sweetness. It’s great for quick and easy meals.
I love that this Grilled Steak Marsala recipe is easy enough for busy weeknights, but dressed up enough for entertaining! It’s one of my family’s favorite grilling recipes because it’s bursting with flavor!
I love using Holland House Cooking Wines in my recipes because they enhance any dish. Sometimes grilled meat can lack flavor, but not when I use Holland House Cooking Wines to marinate my steak. I like using the Marsala cooking wine because it adds a subtle sweetness to the steak that’s simply irresistible!
To receive recipe ideas like this Grilled Steak Marsala, cooking tips, and Holland House coupons, sign up for the Holland House Cooking Wine Newsletter.
This Grilled Steak Marsala recipe is so easy to make, let me show you how!
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED STEAK MARSALA:
- Gather all of the marinade ingredients.
- Add all of the marinade ingredients to a large measuring cup.
- Stir until marinade is combined.
- Pour half the marinade into a 9×13 pan.
- Add the steaks, and cover with the remaining marinade. Cover and chill.
- Cook steaks on high until the desired doneness. Reserve the marinade for cooking the mushrooms.
- Sauté mushrooms until most of their liquid is cooked out.
- Add the reserved marinade and cook until thickened.
- Slice steak and smother with the Marsala mushrooms!
Swap out ½ cup of marinade in any marinade recipe for Holland House Cooking Wine to enhance the flavor!
Grilled Steak Marsala
- MARSALA MARINADE:
- 1 ½ cups Holland House Marsala Cooking Wine
- 1 4 oz can tomato paste
- 2 medium shallots minced
- 10 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- STEAK AND TOPPING:
- 2 1 ½ pounds Tri Tip Steak
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 16 ozs white button mushrooms sliced
- MARINATE STEAKS: In large measuring cup, whisk together marinade ingredients until combined. Pour half of marinade into 9 x 13-inch pan, add steaks, and pour remaining marinade over steaks. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- GRILL STEAKS: 15 minutes before grilling, preheat grill to high. Remove tri-tip steaks from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Place steaks in the middle of hot grill and cook 6-7 minutes per side. Remove steaks once they have reached desired doneness, and tent steaks with foil.
- MAKE MARALA MUSHROOMS: While steaks rest, make Marsala mushrooms. Melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat. When butter is melted, add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms release most of their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Add reserved marinade to pan and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce has thickened, about 5-8 more minutes.
- TO FINISH:
- Slice steak against the grain, smother with marsala mushrooms, and serve.
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Beef Negimaki – Japanese Rolled Steak and Scallions - January 20, 2020
- Three Cheese Calzones - January 17, 2020
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gyro Bowls - January 15, 2020