These buttery seasoned Air Fryer Steak Bites are ready in under 30 minutes! They’re tender and juicy steak morsels that come out perfectly every time.
It costs about $10.97 to make this recipe. The recipe makes four servings for a total of $2.74 per serving.
Table of Contents
Air Fry Steak Tips
Steak Bites are small pieces of steak well seasoned and cooked quickly in the Air Fryer. Cooking the steak in an Air Fryer is the BEST! It takes minimal effort with an even easier clean-up.
The high heat of the Air Fryer produces that browned and charred outer layer that we all love. And it leaves the inside juicy. It is a fantastic way to cook your steak without drying it out.
First, cover the steak in melted butter and the seasonings, then cook. You will not miss the mess of a frying pan with all the fat rendering and splatters it creates.
Making these Steak Bites in your Air Fryer will quickly become your favorite way to enjoy steak!
Air Fried Steak Bites Ingredients & Cost
Per Serving Cost: $2.74
Recipe Cost: $10.97
- 1.5 pounds steak – $10.41
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter – $0.20
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce – $0.04
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning – $0.10
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder – $0.03
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning – $0.13
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley – $0.06
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
Air Fryer Steak Bites Recipe Tools
- Air fryer
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
Steak Bites in Air Fryer Recipe Variations
- I used Montreal steak seasoning, but you can use your favorite steak seasoning in this recipe.
- Instead of garlic powder, you can use two cloves of fresh garlic that have been minced.
- Use your favorite cut of steak for this recipe. My favorite is New York Strip Steak.
Air Fryer Steak Tips Instructions
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the diced steak pieces with the seasonings and melted butter.
- Evenly spread the steak pieces in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 7-12 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Air Fried Steak Storage Tips
SERVE: Serve immediately with freshly chopped parsley sprinkled over the steak bites.
STORE: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
FREEZE: Once cooled, transfer the steak bites to a freezer-safe container or Ziploc bag. Freeze for 1 month.
DEFROST: Defrost at room temperature for 1-2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
REHEAT: Reheat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until heated through.
Steak Tips in Air Fryer FAQs
Absolutely! Use your favorite cuts, such as Sirloin, New York, or Ribeye, for this recipe. The fat-to-meat ratio of these cuts of meat is perfect for cooking in the Air Fryer!
The answer may vary depending on the type of steak you are using and your specific brand of Air Fryer. However, this steak recipe generally takes about sixteen minutes to cook.
To make the most tender steak in the air fryer, I suggest making steak bites.
Set the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
In a bowl, combine the diced steak pieces, seasonings, and melted butter. Toss well to coat the steak evenly.
Arrange the steak pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they don’t overlap.
Air-fry the steak for 7-12 minutes, depending on your desired doneness. For medium-rare, aim for 7-9 minutes, and for medium, aim for 10-12 minutes.
Once cooked, garnish the steak pieces with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
You can also follow my instructions for making Air Fryer Filet Mignon.
Yes, it is recommended to oil or butter steak before air frying. Doing so helps the steak achieve a nice sear and prevents it from drying out. You can use any oil that has a high smoke point, such as avocado oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil. Rub oil on all sides of the steak before placing it in the air fryer.
It depends on the recipe. While steak bites don’t need to be flipped, individual-sized portions of steak do.
You air fry steak at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
There are a few reasons why your air fryer steak might be chewy. Here are some of the most common culprits:
Air fryers are powerful appliances, and it’s easy to overcook steak in them. Aim for a doneness of medium-rare or medium for a tender steak.
2. Using thin steaks:
Thin steaks don’t have enough time to develop a nice sear before they cook through, resulting in a chewy texture. Use steaks that are at least 1 inch thick.
3. Not resting the steak:
After cooking, it’s essential to let the steak rest for a few minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a more tender steak.
4. Overcrowding the air fryer basket:
If you overcrowd the air fryer basket, the steaks won’t cook evenly. Leave some space between the steaks to allow for proper airflow.
5. Not using enough oil:
Oiling the steak before air frying helps to prevent it from drying out and becoming chewy. Use a light coating of oil that has a high smoke point, such as avocado oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil.
More Main Dishes
- Strip Steak
- Pineapple Teriyaki Steak Tips
- Grilled Steak Kabobs
- Steak Marinade
- Grilled Steak Marsala
- Beef Negimaki
- Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Sichuan-Style Orange Beef
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
More from Food Folks and Fun
Air Fryer Steak Tips
- Air fryer
- Measuring spoons
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- 1.5 lbs steak use your favorite cut such as sirloin, new york, or ribeye, cut into 1 inch bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley for garnish
PREHEAT AIR FRYER:
- Set the air fryer to the air fryer setting at 400F degrees to preheat.
- Toss the diced steak pieces with melted butter and seasonings.
- Spread the steak pieces evenly in your air fryer basket (depending on the size of your fryer you may need to cook in two batches).
- Air fry at 400F for 7-12 minutes or until your steak bites are cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve with mashed potatoes or your favorite veggies, enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Cooked in a Cosori 5.8 qt Air Fryer.