These Grilled Steak Kabobs are flavorful and easy to customize. The beef kabob marinade helps make them juicy and delectable.
You can enjoy these kabobs for under $20.00. They cost $19.54 to make six servings. That works out to be about $3.25 per serving.
With a simple marinade these steak kabobs are tender and juicy. It is the perfect recipe for summer grilling when you need an easy meal that doesn’t heat up your kitchen.
These kabobs are stacked with beef and colorful pieces of veggies. Follow my step-by-step directions and you will see just how easy it is to grill these steak kabobs!
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $3.25
Recipe Cost: $19.54
- 2 pounds sirloin steak – $13.88
- 1 large red onion – $0.70
- 2 large bell peppers – $1.38
- 8 ounces mushrooms – $1.89
- 1 recipe steak marinade – $1.69
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, prepare the steak marinade.
- Then, cut the steak into 1-inch cubes and then add them to a Ziploc bag. Pour the marinade over the steak pieces and shake the closed bag to cover the meat evenly.
- Next, preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, cut the vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Then thread the steak and veggies onto the skewers before placing them on the grill.
- Finally, grill the kabobs for 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and serve immediately.
- You can use a variety of vegetables in this recipe like zucchini cut into half moons, cherry tomatoes, and yellow squash. You can use 1-inch potato chunks, but you will need to microwave the potatoes for 4-5 minutes until almost fork-tender.
- Instead of sirloin steak you can use stew meat, flat iron, or ribeye.
Storage And Reheating
SERVE: You can keep these at room temperature for about an hour before they need to be stored in the refrigerator.
STORE: Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
FREEZE: Once cooled, place kabobs in a freezer-safe container and freeze for 1-2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
REHEAT: To reheat beef kabobs, place the kabobs in aluminum foil. Place them in a 300-degree oven for about 20-30, or until heated through.
- Metal skewers OR bamboo skewers
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Grilling tools
In my experience the best cut of meat for making kabobs is Sirloin. It is a naturally tender piece of meat that is lean. You want a leaner cut of meat so there are less flare ups from the fat on the meat while it is grilling.
To avoid burning your veggies while grilling your kabobs first soak the skewers for about 30 minutes if you are using wooden skewers. When cutting your steak and vegetables be sure to cut them into similar sizes and shapes to help the food cook evenly. Also, be sure to cut your pieces bigger than the space between the grills so they don’t fall through.
I prefer to use metal skewers but of course you can use wooden skewers as well. If you do not have either and are not able to get them you can use rosemary stalks as another option. They are just as strong as a regular skewer and can be used on the grill without an issue.
More Grilling Recipes
- Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Butter Smoked Corn on the Cob
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken
- Grilled Steak Marsala
- Easy Cilantro Thai Chicken
- Grilled Spinach Artichoke Flatbread
- Honey Garlic Sticky Buns
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- Grilled Pineapple
- Grilled Strip Steak
Grilled Steak Kabobs
- 2 pounds sirloin steak
- 2 large bell peppers any color
- 1 large red onion
- 8 ounces mushrooms button or cremini, washed and dried
- 1 recipe steak marinade
PREP AND MARINATE STEAK:
- Trim the steak of large pieces of fat. Doing so will cause fewer flareups and burnt edges.
- Cut steak into 1-inch cubes and add them to a resealable Ziploc bag or container.
- Pour marinade over the steak pieces, seal the bag or container, and shake the bag to distribute the marinade evenly.
- Marinate the steak in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours before using.
- Remove steak pieces from the marinade, discard marinade, and allow the steak to come to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
PREP GRILL & KABOBS:
- Preheat the gas grill to medium-high heat and cover.
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces, leave mushrooms whole or cut in half depending on their size.
- Thread steak and vegetables onto skewers **see notes for each type of skewer.
- Before putting the kabobs on the grill, scrape the grates (preferably with a bristle-less grill brush).
- Then, soak two pieces of paper towel with vegetable oil. Oil the grill grates with the paper towel.
- Place kabobs onto the preheated grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove the kabobs from the grill and serve immediately.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using them.
- If using metal skewers, handle them with care using hot pads when they come off the grill.