THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
These Baked Pumpkin Donuts are easy to make and have the most pleasing aroma and texture. They’re the perfect treat for a crisp autumn day.
Pumpkin Donuts are perfect for a Fall breakfast, brunch, or after school snack. This baked donuts recipe makes 18 and costs about $3.36 to make. That is just $0.19 per serving.
I love these Pumpkin Donuts because not only are they melt in your mouth delicious, but also they are baked and not fried. This leaves you with a moist and soft donut that is perfectly pumpkin-spiced!
How do you dip donuts?
After the donuts are cool and the glaze is ready, hold the donut with three fingers and your thumb. Dip the donut about halfway down in an even manner. Slightly lift the donut out of the glaze and while it is still upside down, shake off any excess glaze. Place the donut right side up on a baking tray to set.
How do you keep donut glaze from melting?
Store the donuts in an airtight container to help keep them fresh. To avoid having the glaze melt, it is important to keep them out of the sun. If storing them on a kitchen counter, be sure no direct sunlight will hit the storage container.
What is the difference between baked and fried donuts?
Fried donuts are made by coating the batter in flour before deep-frying the dough in oil and then coating them in sugar. Baked donuts, like these pumpkin donuts, are made by baking the batter in the oven and then topping them with a glaze or frosting afterward.
How to make Pumpkin Donuts:
STEPS ONE AND TWO: First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then spray the donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Next, in a large bowl, beat the wet ingredients until smooth.
STEPS THREE AND FOUR: In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until smooth.
STEPS FIVE AND SIX: After the batter is ready, fill the donut pan about ¾ full. Bake for about 15-20 minutes and let cool. While the donuts are baking, make the glaze. After cooling, the pumpkin donuts, dip them into the glaze before serving.
How much will this Baked Pumpkin Donuts recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $3.36
PER SERVING COST: $0.19
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt – $0.01
- ½ cup vegetable oil – $0.24
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice – $0.44
- 3 large eggs – $0.30
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar – $0.35
- 1 can pumpkin puree – $0.87
- 1 ¾ cups flour – $0.34
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder – $0.22
- 2 cups powdered sugar – $0.58
- 1 Tablespoon milk – $0.01
More pumpkin dessert recipes:
- Pumpkin-Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Baked Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Easy Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles with Cinnamon Chips
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Blossom Cookies
- Irresistible Pumpkin Honey Muffins
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie Monkey Bread
- Honey Kissed Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream
- Kettle Corn with Pumpkin Spice
- Pumpkin Blossom Cake
- Whoopie Pies
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 15 ozs pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING: (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
PREP OVEN AND PANS:
- Move oven racks to the upper-middle and lower-middle positions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray donut pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, and pumpkin until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking powder.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat just until smooth.
FILL DONUT PANS AND BAKE:
- Fill donut pan about 3⁄4 full (see note).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, rotating pans halfway through baking.
- Cool donuts on a wire rack for 5 minutes, and then remove the donuts from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Add powdered sugar to medium bowl, add milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add additional liquid if the glaze is too thick. Dip donuts top side down into glaze and place on a wire rack to drip off excess.
MAKE CINNAMON SUGAR: (optional)
- While to glaze is still wet, make the cinnamon sugar by combining the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the glazed donuts with the cinnamon sugar (if using). Serve once the glaze is set.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can use 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger.
- To make filling the donut pan easier, use a plastic decorator bag or Ziploc bag with a corner cut off.