The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Cranberry Macadamia Nut Stuffing Recipe is just in time for Thanksgiving. It’s a tasty twist on classic stuffing.
Stuffing is one of my favorite side dishes on Thanksgiving. Especially when it has golden, crispy edges, those edges are like icing on the cake, and what helps crisp the edges is I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® I recently picked up a tub of the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® and found out that it is made from real, simple ingredients like plant-based oils, purified water, and a pinch of salt. The new spread comes in Original, Light, and Olive Oil varieties, and it has 40% fewer calories and 70% less saturated fat than butter.
- I like my stuffing to have big chunks of bread, pretty much Panzanella style. If you want your stuffing bread chunks smaller, cut them smaller.
- Feel free to swap out the macadamia nuts for your favorite nut.
To make this stuffing ahead of time:
- Prepare the recipe up to step 5. Cover with foil and place in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, increase the cooking time by 5 minutes to account for the chill.
- 12 ounce package Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup yellow onion chopped (about ½ of a large onion)
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Move oven rack to the middle position.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan, or any other 3-quart pan, with butter.
- Cut each roll into 8 pieces (cut into more pieces if you'd like smaller bread pieces).
- Place the bread into a large bowl, set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the celery and onion and cook until slightly browned on the edges and tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour the celery and onions mixture over the bread.
- Add the dried thyme, pepper, parsley, macadamia nuts, cranberries, and broth.
- Stir the mixture until combined, and the broth is absorbed.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until the bread is toasted. Serve.