These Brown Sugar and Honey Glazed Carrots are easy to make, and kids and adults alike love these glazed carrots. They’re a great side for any meal.
My Glazed Carrots recipe serves 6 people and costs about $2.61 to make, which is only $0.44 per serving. For more side dishes, check out my Oven Roasted Broccoli, Skillet Green Beans, and this Buttery Smoked Corn on the Cob recipe.
Honey Glazed Carrots
These Glazed Carrots are simmered in brown sugar, butter, and honey until they are so tender they melt in your mouth. These carrots are a classic recipe perfect for a traditional holiday meal and easy enough for any weeknight or Sunday family dinner.
This is one of my go-to side dish recipes because they only take minutes to make and everyone loves them. Plus, they call for a handful of ingredients and you can pair them with almost any main dish.
Skip the plain boiling method the next time you want cooked carrots and try these Glazed Carrots instead. Your family will thank you!
Are these the same as caramelized carrots or candied carrots?
Definitely! For a dish to be classified as candied or caramelized, it uses brown sugar. This recipe calls for brown sugar, and you can add more if you want a sweeter tasting carrot.
Do you have to peel carrots?
Technically, it is safe to eat the carrot skin, so you do not necessarily have to peel the carrots before cooking them. Just be sure to wash them well before cooking as many have dirt and debris in the skin. However, many people, myself included, do not enjoy the taste of carrot skin as it tends to be a tad bit bitter tasting. I prefer to peel the carrots before cooking them.
How do you easily cut carrots?
There are four primary methods for cutting carrots. I chose to slice the carrots into what is known as baton slices or matchstick slices for this recipe. You can also quickly dice the carrots, cut them into coins, or slice them julienne style. Any style that meets your preference will work for this recipe.
How to make Glazed Carrots:
STEP ONE: First, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat in a large frying pan.
STEP TWO: Next, stir in the carrots, brown sugar, honey, and garlic. Cook for eight to ten minutes.
STEP THREE: Finally, once the carrots are tender, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
How much will this Glazed Carrots recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $2.61
PER SERVING COST: $0.44
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil – $0.14
- 4 Tablespoons butter – $0.40
- 2 pounds carrots – $1.64
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar – $0.06
- clove garlic – $0.03
- 2 Tablespoons honey – $0.34
More Side Dishes Recipes:
- Thanksgiving Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Frog Eye Salad
- Boston Baked Beans
- Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes
- Food Truck Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
- Aunt Nancie’s Sweet Potato Souffle
- Bacon and Apple Stuffing
- Panera’s Mac and Cheese
- Cowboy Caviar Dip
- Simple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic smashed and minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley optional
- In a large frying pan, add olive oil and butter and heat over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is melted, stir in add carrots, brown sugar, honey, and garlic.
- Cook carrots for 8-10 minutes, while stirring several times until the carrots are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley (optional) and serve.