No Thanksgiving table is complete without cranberry sauce! You only need 4 ingredients to make this Simple Cranberry Sauce recipe; it really can’t get any simpler.
When it comes to fresh cranberry sauce I think simpler is better. I love cranberries, and I don’t want to mask the clean, pure cranberry flavor with other add-ins or flavors. Cranberries, water, sugar, and salt is all you need to make this simple cranberry sauce recipe! It’s perfectly sweetened so you don’t lose that lovely tang of the cranberries; it’s simply the best!
Cook’s Note – Simple Cranberry Sauce Recipe:
- This recipe can be made up to 7 days ahead of time. Just let them stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe uses fresh cranberries. If you use frozen cranberries, do not defrost them before use; just add 2-3 minutes to the simmering time.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Simple Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce bag cranberries or 3 cups, picked through
- In medium saucepan over high heat, bring water, sugar, and salt to boil. Stir in cranberries; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until slightly thickened, saucy, and about 2/3 of cranberries have popped open, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer to serving bowl, cool to room temperature, and serve.
More Cranberry Recipes:
All of these, include this simple cranberry sauce recipe, are perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
- Cranberry Limeade Sparkling Mock-tail
- Cranberry Bliss Bars – a Starbuck’s Copycat Recipe
- Cranberry-Pecan Curry Rice
- Cranberry Pecan Broccoli Salad
- Christmas Cranberry Salad
- Sugared Cranberries Tutorial
- Cranberry Chicken Salad with Pecans
- Thanksgiving Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Classic Shepherd’s Pie - October 18, 2019
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies– Better than Lofthouse! - October 16, 2019
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew - October 12, 2019