The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
No Thanksgiving table is complete without cranberry sauce! You only need 4 ingredients to make this Simple Cranberry Sauce recipe; it really can’t get any simpler.
When it comes to fresh cranberry sauce I think simpler is better. I love cranberries, and I don’t want to mask the clean, pure cranberry flavor with other add-ins or flavors. Cranberries, water, sugar, and salt is all you need to make this simple cranberry sauce recipe! It’s perfectly sweetened so you don’t lose that lovely tang of the cranberries; it’s simply the best!
Cook’s Note – Simple Cranberry Sauce Recipe:
- This recipe can be made up to 7 days ahead of time. Just let them stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe uses fresh cranberries. If you use frozen cranberries, do not defrost them before use; just add 2-3 minutes to the simmering time.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
- wooden spoon
- serving bowl
Simple Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce bag cranberries or 3 cups, picked through
- In medium saucepan over high heat, bring water, sugar, and salt to boil. Stir in cranberries; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until slightly thickened, saucy, and about 2/3 of cranberries have popped open, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer to serving bowl, cool to room temperature, and serve.
More Cranberry Recipes:
All of these, include this simple cranberry sauce recipe, are perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
- Cranberry Limeade Sparkling Mock-tail
- Cranberry Bliss Bars – a Starbuck’s Copycat Recipe
- Cranberry-Pecan Curry Rice
- Cranberry Pecan Broccoli Salad
- Christmas Cranberry Salad
- Sugared Cranberries Tutorial
- Cranberry Chicken Salad with Pecans
- Thanksgiving Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Marie-Charlotte Chatelain says
Love the minimalistic ingredient list – this one is the perfect classic cranberry sauce! SImple and spot on
Oh, I never thought to add salt to my cranberry sauce – but of course it will make it better, like with everything! Definitely trying your recipe for Thanksgiving this year!
Lovely. If I have fresh orange, I usually sub with fresh orange juice instead of water. 🙂
Sara Welch says
Thanksgiving wouldn’t be complete without cranberry sauce and I will definitely be giving this a try; looks too good to pass up!
Best of best cranberry sauce! No more searching yearly for another recipe. This was minimal ingredients, minimal prep, and a sauce not left over after serving 25 persons. I doubled the recipe! And used the local cranberries from Central Wisconsin.