This Creamy Cumber Salad is a super easy and delicious summertime side dish that everyone loves, plus it’s low carb and gluten-free!
Summer is coming to a close, but before that happens I have a couple more summer recipes to share with you like this Creamy Cucumber Salad with Radish and Dill! I’ve been making this all summer long and I will defiantly be making it for Labor Day, too!
Here are some common Cucumber Salad questions answered!
How do you make creamy cucumber salad?
Creamy Cucumber Salad is so easy to make! Basically, you whisk together the dressing and thinly slice the veggies with a mandoline. Finally, you toss the vegetables with the dressing and serve!
How long can you keep cucumber salad?
Unfortunately, cucumber salad is one of those dishes that do not keep well and you can only make a couple of hours ahead of time.
Well, it’s because of the moisture that is released from the sliced cucumbers as the salad sits. Cucumber Salad isn’t even good the next day. Water will accumulate at the bottom of your bowl and the dressing texture and consistency will be altered because of the extra moisture.
This summer I experimented with some add-ins for this Cucumber Salad to jazz it up a bit. Below are some of my favorites.
Creamy Cucumber Salad Add-Ins:
- room-temperature tomatoes cut into wedges
- crumbled BACON!
- Kalamata olives, red onion tomatoes, and feta
- red pepper flakes
- chickpeas or red kidney beans
Cook’s Note – Creamy Cumber Salad with Radish and Dill:
- Please only use the full-fat sour cream for this recipe. The low-fat sour cream will make your salad watery.
- When making this dish ahead of time I would recommend making it no more than 4 hours ahead of time.
Cook’s Tools – Cucumber Onion Salad:
ONE YEAR AGO: Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
TWO YEARS AGO: Pineapple Orange Sherbet
THREE YEARS AGO: Strawberry Syrup
Creamy Cucumber Salad with Radish and Dill
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper plus more to taste
- 4 medium cucumbers sliced thin (about 6 cups)
- 1 small yellow onion halved and then sliced thin
- 1 cup radishes trimmed and sliced thin
FOR THE CREAMY DRESSING
- In a small bowl whisk together the sour cream, vinegar, sugar, dill, and pepper; set aside.
FOR THE SALAD:
- Place the cucumbers, onion, and radishes in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat evenly. Season with pepper to taste and serve or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.