The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Air Fryer Asparagus takes less than 20 minutes and just a handful of ingredients. This recipe just isn’t easy; it’s foolproof!
This Asparagus costs approximately $10.18 to make. The recipe makes four servings, which costs about $2.54 per serving.
Serve this Asparagus alongside these Air Fryer Salmon Patties for a deliciously nutritious meal.
Asparagus In The Air Fryer
With only five simple ingredients, you can enjoy perfectly seasoned crispy Asparagus. It can be tricky to cook Asparagus because if you overcook them, they are mushy, and if you undercook them, they are hard. The Air Fryer does your hard work and cooks them to the ideal doneness.
Wash and trim the Asparagus, season them, and put them in the air fryer. That’s it! This quick and easy recipe is the perfect side dish for most meals.
Making Asparagus in the air fryer is an excellent way to have a side dish on the table fast on a busy weeknight. But it is also a great way to free up stovetop or oven space when making Easter or Christmas dinner.
Whenever you choose to make this Asparagus, you will love how perfectly crispy, tender, and delicious, without added oil and fat, the Air Fryer makes them every single time.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $2.54
Recipe Cost: $10.18
- 2 pounds asparagus – $9.98
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil – $0.11
- 1 teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder – $0.03
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper – $0.05
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in February 2023.
How to Cook Asparagus In The Air Fryer
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, wash the asparagus and trim the ends about half an inch up from the bottom.
- Then, line the asparagus in one layer on a baking sheet and brush them with olive oil.
- Sprinkle half of the salt, garlic powder, and pepper over the asparagus and then flip them over and sprinkle the other half of the spices over the other sides of the asparagus.
- Next, set the asparagus in the air fryer basket and cook for eight minutes at 400 degrees F. Toss the basket halfway through the cooking time.
- Finally, remove the asparagus and squeeze lemon juice over the top before serving.
- For some extra flavor, you can add freshly grated Parmesan cheese to the asparagus right before serving.
- If you don’t like garlic, you can omit it.
SERVE: It’s best to serve the asparagus right after it comes out of the air fryer. The longer it sits, the limper the asparagus will be.
STORE: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 day.
FREEZE: Once the asparagus is cooked, it does not freeze and defrost well. It will inevitably be limp.
Cooking Asparagus in the oven is a quick process. It takes just about eight minutes to cook at 400 degrees F. However, please note that every air fryer brand and model cooks differently. Depending on the size and design of your air fryer, it might take longer or less time to cook. If you use the same air fryer settings, you might have different results. If the same settings are applied, and the results are unexpected, please adjust the time to get your desired outcome.
A few simple spices you most likely already have in your pantry are all that’s needed to add some flavor to Asparagus. You will need salt, garlic powder, and pepper, and that is it!
Yes, it is essential to wash the Asparagus before cooking it. You will also want to trim off the woody ends before cooking the Asparagus for the best results.
More Air Fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Air Fryer Eggplant Fries
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Air Fryer Pierogies
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Potato Pancakes
- Air Fryer Hard-Boiled Eggs
Air Fryer Asparagus
- 2 lbs asparagus fresh
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Lemon wedges optional
- Wash the fresh asparagus and trim off the ends with a small/medium knife about half an inch up from the bottom.
- Line the asparagus up in one layer on a baking sheet and brush them with olive oil using a pastry brush.
- Then, sprinkle half of the salt, half of the garlic powder, and half of the ground pepper.
- Then, flip the asparagus and repeat this process to cover the other side of the spears. You can also use olive oil spray for this step.
- Next, place the asparagus inside the air fryer basket (you can work in two batches, depending on your basket size).
- Cook the asparagus at 400º F for 8 minutes, tossing the basket halfway through.
- Finally, use kitchen tongs to serve this delicious side dish.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top (optional). Enjoy!
- In my experience with this recipe, thinner asparagus spears take less time to cook than thicker ones. For this reason, you can check the thin asparagus consistency in the middle of the cooking process and decide to remove some spears. The perfect asparagus consistency is tender and crispy on the edges.
- It’s essential to remember that every air fryer brand and model cooks differently. Depending on the size and design of your air fryer, it might take longer or less time to cook. If you use the same air fryer settings, you might have different results. If the same settings are applied, and the results are not expected, please adjust the time to get your desired result.