Serve this French Bread Pizza for pizza night, weeknights, or weekends. It’s delicious and so easy to make; get it on your table in less than 30 minutes!
I don’t know about you but at my house, we all like different toppings on our pizza. What I love about this French Bread Pizza recipe is that you can customize each piece with whatever toppings you like! I cannot tell you how much this helps with picky eaters!
Also, this recipe is very economical. I can feed my family of 4 for right around $5.00 with this French Bread Pizza recipe. It’s also a great lunch option for when the kids are home for the summer and peanut butter and jelly just isn’t cutting it.
Cook’s Note – French Bread Pizza Recipe:
- To Freeze: Make the pizzas as directed below, but do no do the final bake. Instead, individually wrap each bread piece in foil, and then place in a freezer-safe storage bag. Once you’re ready to bake these preheat oven to 450 degrees, and bake 12-14 minutes.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
French Bread Pizza
- 6 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves minced
- 4 Tablespoons minced fresh basil plus more for garnish
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 24-inch loaf French bread, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 8 even pieces
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Move oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat to 475 degrees F. Line standard-size baking sheet with foil; set aside. In small microwave-safe bowl combine oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons basil, and pepper flakes. Microwave on high until fragrant, about 45-60 seconds.
- Brush half of oil mixture over crust and edges of bread. Arrange bread pieces cut-side up on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle Parmesan evenly over bread pieces and bake until cheese just begins to brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- In small bowl whisk together pizza sauce, remaining basil, and remaining oil mixture. Spread sauce evenly over bread pieces, and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted and brown spots appear. Garnish with minced basil, and serve.
Recipe from Cook’s Country.
MORE PIZZA RECIPES: