Serve this French Bread Pizza for pizza night, weeknights, or weekends. It’s delicious and so easy to make; get it on your table in less than 30 minutes!
Disclosure: This French Bread Pizza recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy an item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
I don’t know about you, but at my house we all like differnt toppings on our pizza. What I love about this French Bread Pizza recipe is that you can customize each piece with whatever toppings you like! I cannot tell you how much this helps with picky eaters!
Cook’s Note – French Bread Pizza:
- To Freeze: Make pizzas as directed below, but do no do the final bake. Instead individually wrap each bread piece in foil, and then place in a freezer-safe storage bag. Once you’re ready to bake these preheat oven to 450 degrees, and baking 12-14 minutes.
Cook’s Tools – French Bread Pizza:
ONE YEAR AGO: Pulled Pork BBQ Pizza
TWO YEARS AGO: Quinoa Taco Casserole
THREE YEARS AGO: Caramel Cashew Shortbread Bars
French Bread PizzaPrint Pin Rate
- 6 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves minced
- 4 Tablespoons minced fresh basil plus more for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 24-inch loaf French bread, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 8 even pieces
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Move oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat to 475 degrees F. Line standard-size baking sheet with foil; set aside. In small microwave-safe bowl combine oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons basil, and pepper flakes. Microwave on high until fragrant, about 45-60 seconds.
- Brush half of oil mixture over crust and edges of bread. Arrange bread pieces cut-side up on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle Parmesan evenly over bread pieces and bake until cheese just begins to brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- In small bowl whisk together pizza sauce, remaining basil, and remaining oil mixture. Spread sauce evenly over bread pieces, and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted and brown spots appear. Garnish with minced basil, and serve.
Recipe from Cook’s Country.