These Chicken and Waffle Sliders are the easiest game day, Super Bowl, or party food recipe that you will make! They’re quick & easy to make and they’re always a crowd pleaser.
Alright, folks, I have a SUPER quick & easy game day recipe for you that everyone will love. Plus its kid-friendly, too. I present to you Chicken & Waffle Sliders. I took the classic comfort food chicken and waffles and turned it into a portable appetizer that is perfect for your next get together. These aren’t just for game day, you could even serve them at brunch.
You can serve those sliders with just a drizzle of maple syrup or with a layer of Creamy Homemade Coleslaw, or heck, both!
I like these Chicken & Waffle Sliders because they’re savory and sweet and not to mention SO incredibly easy to make. Below is my recent game day spread. Along with these sliders, pictured is my 7 Layer Greek Dip!
Cook’s Note for Chicken & Waffle sliders:
- Cook up as many waffles and chicken fingers as needed. As a rule of thumb, 1 chicken finger will get you about 3-4 sliders.
- I used Tyson Chicken Fingers and Eggo Mini Waffles for this recipe.
- You can dress these Chicken & Waffle Sliders up by adding a little coleslaw to them, delicious!
- If you’re going to bring these to a party, I suggest transporting the waffles, cut chicken, and syrup separately. Once you get to the party just rewarm the recipe components, assemble and serve.
- If you serve these sliders with coleslaw, then just keep in mind that the coleslaw will cause the bottom waffle to become soggy if they sit too long. They’re best eaten right after they’re made.
- If you’re looking to kick these sliders up a couple of notches, then add this Nashville hot chicken sauce to the sliders. You’ll thank me later!
ONE YEAR AGO: Red Velvet Cupcakes
TWO YEARS AGO: Pizza Pull-Apart Bread
THREE YEARS AGO: French Onion Dip
Chicken and Waffle Sliders
- 4 frozen chicken fingers
- 32 frozen mini waffles
- 1 cup cole slaw
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Cook the chicken finger and mini frozen waffles as per the package instructions. Cut the chicken fingers into cooked chicken 3-4 pieces each. Break your toasted mini waffles apart.
- Place a scant tablespoon of coleslaw on top of a toasted mini waffle.
- Top the coleslaw with a piece of chicken.
- Add the final mini waffle on top and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining waffles, coleslaw, and chicken and drizzle with maple syrup. Serve immediately.
If you liked this recipe of Chicken & Waffle Sliders, you can try another game day recipe that I created, Taco Salad Mini Bites.
This Chicken and Waffle Sliders recipe first appeared on FFF on January 17, 2014. I recently updated the pictures and some of the originals are below.