The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This 7 Layer Greek Dip is a quick and easy appetizer for game day and parties! Greek layer dip is a surprising dish that folks just love!
7 Layer Greek Dip
Just like the football players, I’m practicing for the Big Game by developing some recipes and planning an easy snack spread.
Entertaining for the Big Game can be an all-day affair and I don’t necessarily want to be doing dishes once everyone heads home, so I always make sure that I have plenty of paper products on hand. This is something that my mom taught me, and she always has holiday-themed or party appropriate paper products on hand. I love these for game day!
Party Hosting Tip: Use paper products and for easy clean up after the game or party!
Below is my game day snack spread: 7 Layer Greek Dip (recipe below), pita chips, my famous Chicken & Waffle Sliders (I say famous because they’ve made an appearance on Good Morning America!), candy, assorted sodas, and paper products.
For my game day dip, I wanted to take the popular Mexican 7 layer dip and change up the flavor profile a bit. I used Greek ingredients like artichoke hearts, hummus, feta cheese, and olives. What I came up with is a winning combination, check it out!
Cook’s Note – Greek Layer Dip:
- You can make this dip up to 1 day in advance. Just make sure you cover the top of the dish tightly with plastic wrap so that the hummus doesn’t form a skin.
- Leftover can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients: Greek Dip:
ONE YEAR AGO: Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
TWO YEARS AGO: Slow Cooker Beef Stew
THREE YEARS AGO: Loaded Greek Fries
7 Layer Greek Dip
- 8-ounce package cream cheese softened
- 4 green onions white and green parts thinly sliced
- 4-ounce jar roasted bell peppers drained and chopped
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 14-ounce container hummus
- 4-ounce can sliced black olives
- 1 large Roma tomato deseeded and diced
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, 3 of the chopped green onions, bell peppers, and 1/2 cup of the feta cheese. Using a hand mixer, mix until well combined and smooth. Place this mixture in an even layer on the bottom of a 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Layer the marinated Artichoke hearts on top followed by the hummus, and smooth in an even layer.
- Next layer the black olives, feta, the last sliced green onion, and chopped Roma tomato. Chill for 1 hour and serve with pita chips or pretzel crisps.
Game Day Recipes on Food, Folks, and Fun:
This 7 Layer Greek Dip first appeared on FFF on January 12, 2014. I have since updated the recipe and the feature images. Below is one of the original photos.