This Post for Healthy & Easy Gazpacho is is sponsored by Hunts. Thank you for supporting brands that make Food, Folks and Fun possible.
During the summer I like making cool, healthy dinners; pasta salads, sandwiches, and large entrée salads. But one thing I definitely miss in the summer are soups. That’s why I’ve started making cool, healthy soups like Gazpacho to serve my family. Plus it’s full of healthy veggies…that way you won’t feel too bad having a cool treat for dessert. 🙂
Gazpacho normally uses fresh tomatoes to make its broth. I didn’t have time for blanching, peeling, and chopping so I let Hunt’s Tomatoes do ll the work for me instead. They use a unique flashsteam peeling method when canning their tomatoes that make them taste like they were just picked from the field.
Cook’s Note – Healthy & Easy Gazpacho:
- Feel free to add a couple of croutons to the top of the soup. Fresh herbs like basil or dill would be lovely, too.
- The Gazpacho will keep in the fridge, covered, up to 1 week.
- Fight the urge to throw the veggies in the food processor to chop them. Hand chopping them keeps them firm while in the soup and it makes for a prettier presentation. Because we eat with our eyes first after all.
- 1 large bell pepper red, orange, or yellow, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 English cucumber about 1 pound, half of it peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 medium shallots peeled and minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 29- ounce can Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1 15- ounce can Hunt's Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- Extra-virgin olive oil for serving
- Place the bell pepper, cucumber, shallots, salt, sugar, vinegar, and black pepper in a large bowl. Toss ingredients to coat the veggies in the oil and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, or just until the veggies begin to release their juices. Add the tomatoes, water, and hot sauce (if using). Stir to combine, cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Serve with a drizzle of good olive oil.