These Peanut Butter White Hot Chocolate Bombs are the perfect combination of peanut butter and white chocolate. They’re so cozy to drink and even more fun to gift!
You can enjoy these for just $5.85. It makes 4 servings for only $1.46 per serving.
Peanut Butter White Hot Chocolate Bombs
There is just something so satisfying about pouring hot milk over a sphere of chocolate and watching it melt. White Hot Chocolate Bombs are not only tasty but also fun to make. I love all the flavor variations that allow you to make them differently each time.
This version I am sharing with you today is a combination of white chocolate and peanut butter. What’s not to love? As long as you have a mold and my step-by-step directions, you will be enjoying these Hot Chocolate Bombs in no time at all!
What is a hot chocolate bomb?
Hot Chocolate bombs are spheres of chocolate filled with cocoa powder and mini marshmallows. Place the chocolate bomb in a mug and pour warm milk over it. The chocolate melts and releases the cocoa powder and marshmallows, giving you a rich and creamy drink.
Do you use milk or water for hot chocolate bombs?
I prefer to use milk for this hot chocolate bomb. It results in an indulgent drink that is hard to resist due to how creamy and rich it is.
How long will hot chocolate bombs last?
Hot chocolate bombs will stay fresh for 4-6 months.
How to make Peanut ButterWhite Hit Chocolate Bombs:
STEP ONE: First, make the peanut butter candy shells. Freeze them for about 5 minutes or until hardened.
STEP TWO: Next, make the white chocolate cocoa mix. Then, assemble the cocoa bombs.
STEP THREE: After assembling the cocoa bombs, melt the white candy melts until smooth. Put the melted candy melts in a Ziplock bag. Drizzle the cocoa bombs with white chocolate.
How much will this White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cocoa Bombs recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $5.85
PER SERVING COST: $1.46
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 1 cup peanut butter candy melts – $2.99
- ¾ cup powdered milk – $1.02
- ½ box white chocolate pudding mix – $0.49
- ¼ teaspoon salt – $0.01
- ½ cup mini marshmallows – $0.11
- ¼ cup vanilla candy melts – $1.23
HOW LONG ARE THEY GOOD FOR:
SERVE: Once you add warm milk to the white hot chocolate bomb, you will want to drink it within 15-20 minutes before it gets cold.
STORE: Keep them in an airtight container at room temperature or the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
FREEZE: You can freeze white hot chocolate bombs; you need to make sure they are wrapped and stored carefully. I like to wrap individual spheres in 2 layers of plastic wrap and foil. I then place them in a glass freezer-safe container. Stored this way, they will keep for about 6 months.
More Drink Recipes:
- White Hot Chocolate
- Non-Alcoholic Punch
- Italian Soda
- Virgin Pina Colada
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
Peanut Butter White Hot Chocolate Bombs
PEANUT BUTTER BOMBS:
- 1 cup peanut butter candy melts I purchased these at Michaels, but you can probably find them online
WHITE CHOCOLATE COCOA MIX:
- ¾ cup powdered milk
- ½ box white chocolate pudding mix
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup white chocolate OR vanilla candy melts
MAKE PEANUT BUTTER CANDY SHELLS:
- Add the peanut butter candy melts into a microwave-safe bowl and melt at 30-second increments until completely melted and smooth.
- Add about 2 Tablespoons of the candy melts into each mold and use a food-safe brush to cover the entire mold. Make sure you cannot see the sides of the mold.
- Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes or until completely hardened.
MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE COCOA MIX:
- Meanwhile, combine the powdered milk and pudding mix into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
ASSEMBLE COCOA BOMBS:
- Place a plate in the microwave for about 30 seconds and CAREFULLY remove.
- Once the candy melts are set, remove them from the molds.
- Working quickly, place the bottoms on the warm plate to melt slightly.
- Add about 1-2 Tablespoons cocoa mix and add mini marshmallow. Melt the bottom of another half circle and place it on top. Set aside to allow to harden. Continue with each cocoa bomb.
- Add the white candy melts (or white chocolate) into a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30-second increments until completely melted and smooth.
- Add to a Ziplock bag, cut a small hole in the corner, and drizzle the cocoa bombs with white chocolate.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place one cocoa bomb in a large mug and bring about 1 cup of milk (or half-and-half) to a boil.
- Carefully pour over the bomb until it melts completely. Stir and enjoy!