Disclosure: This Easy Horchata Recipe: Two ways has been compensated by Minute® Rice. As always all opinions are mine alone. #MinuteMeals
Minute® Rice is a pantry staple at my house. Especially with the seasons changing, I want to spend more time outside with my kids playing and going on bike rides. I often lose track of time and then it’s a mad dash to get dinner on the table. Minute® Rice is my go-to ingredient for these times. I can count on it for quick & easy dinners, plus it’s something my entire family will love!
How to Make: Easy Horchata Recipe
STEP 2:: Add the rice and let it sit for 10 minutes.
STEP 4:: Add 2 cups of water.
STEP 6:: Add the vanilla.
STEP 8:: Pour the mixture through a strainer into your pitcher.
STEP 10:: Add 1/2 cup of sugar, and stir until blended.
Traditional Horchata takes hours to make, but not my easy Horchata recipe! Minute® Rice helps me get it in glasses in just 15 minutes! My family loves having it when I whip up out favorite Mexican dinner, or as a dessert whipped up with some ice cream to make a frappe!
Cook’s Note – Horchata Recipe
- Feel free to add more cinnamon to the recipe if that’s your taste, especially when making the Frappe!
- I suggest using any milk except skim in this recipe. This includes almond milk, rice milk, etc.
- Either serve this recipe right away over ice, or pop it back in the fridge for an hour to chill. I usually serve it over ice because I can’t wait that long. 🙂
- This Horchata recipe will keep, chilled, for up to 1 week.
Easy Horchata Recipe
- 1 cup milk any kind but skim
- 1 cup Minute® Rice
- 12 cups water divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- In a microwave-safe bowl heat the milk in the microwave until it reaches 100 degrees F, about 1-2 minutes. Pour the rice into the hot milk and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the rice mixture to a blender canister. Add 2 cups of the water, cinnamon, and vanilla. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes, or until all the rice is finely chopped and blended.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large pitcher (at least 3 quarts). Pour the mixture through the strainer into the pitcher. Discard what's left in the strainer.
- Add the remaining 10 cups of water and sugar, stir to combine.
- Serve over ice.
Horchata Frappe Recipe
- 1/2 cup Horchata
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- ground cinnamon
- In the canister of a blender, add the Horchata and ice cream. Blend until smooth, about 3-5 pulses. Pour into a tall glass and garnish with whipped cream and ground cinnamon.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.