The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Mini Pavlova with Nutella Whipped Cream recipe is an elegant and decadent dessert that’s easy to make and so pretty to look at!
It costs $11.06 to make eight servings of this decadent dessert, which is $1.39 per serving. Meringue-based desserts are one of my favorite things to enjoy.
For more meringue recipes don’t miss out on these Chocolate Meringue Cookies, these Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream, or these Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Swiss Meringue Buttercream.
Pavlova is a decadent dessert that whips the egg whites before baking them, so they have a crisp outside and are marshmallow-soft inside. It is then filled with Nutella and topped with Nutella-flavored whipped cream, toasted hazelnuts, and shaved chocolate.
The light and airy texture make this a great dessert for Spring. Serve it at Easter, for brunch, at a baby or bridal shower, or any outdoor gathering. They melt in your mouth and are a total show-stopper.
While looking at this dessert, it may seem too difficult to make, but it really is easier than it looks! If you can whip cream, you can make Mini Pavlova! Follow my step-by-step directions, and you too can enjoy this beautiful dessert.
Meringue and Pavlova are both egg white desserts that are made similarly. Both are crispy on the outside, but the meringue is dry on the inside, while the pavlova is soft on the inside.
Pavlovas will stay fresh in an airtight container for one day. They will dry out if they are left out any longer than this.
Part of making Pavlovas is to leave them in the oven for one to two hours after cooking them for ninety minutes. You can bake them at night and leave them in the oven overnight to finish cooling. Then fill them with the Nutella Whipped Cream the next day.
How to make Mini Pavlova recipe:
- First, make the mini pavlova by whipping the mixture into stiff peaks. Then pipe into 4-inch circles on the baking sheet.
- Next, bake for ninety minutes. Then turn off the oven and leave the pavlovas to cool inside for one to two hours.
- Meanwhile, toast the hazelnuts. After cooling, roughly chop them up and set them aside while you make the Nutella cream.
- Finally, coat the top of each pavlova with the Nutella cream. Then add the melted Nutella and chopped hazelnuts before serving.
How Long is it Good For:
SERVE: It’s best to garnish the pavlova right before serving. Keep the whipped cream in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it. When they’re garnished, you can keep these at room temperature for about 1 hour before the pavlova loses its crispiness.
STORE: It’s best to store the components separately. Store the pavlova in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. It doesn’t like heat or humidity! Stored this way, pavlova will keep for 2-3 days. Keep the whipped cream in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
FREEZE: You can freeze the mini pavlova. Once it cools, place it in an airtight container or Ziploc bag and freeze for up to a month. Thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
Ingredients and Cost:
Recipe cost: $11.60
Per Serving Cost: $1.39
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 1 cup granulated sugar – $0.23
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – $0.80
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream – $2.34
- 1 cup Nutella – $1.66
- 1 cup raw unsalted hazelnuts – $4.58
- 4 large egg whites – $0.20
- 1 bar chocolate – $1.97
- Cream puffs
- White Chocolate Blondies
- Cheesecake Factory Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Chocolate Meringue Cookies
- Pink Macarons
- Black and White Cookies
- Cannoli Shells
- How to make Cannoli Cream
- Lemon Lush
- Homemade Strawberry Shortcake
- Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
Mini Pavlova with Nutella Whipped Cream
FOR THE PAVLOVA:
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE NUTELLA CREAM:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Nutella divided
- 1 cup raw unsalted hazelnuts
- 4 ounce chocolate bar milk or dark chocolate
PREP OVEN AND BAKING SHEET:
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
MAKE MINI PAVLOVA:
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, whip the egg whites on medium-high speed. Add the granulated sugar gradually and then allow the mixture to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag and pipe 4” circles on the lined baking sheet, making sure that it is thick enough to support toppings once cooked.
BAKE AND COOL:
- Bake for 90 minutes, or until they are firm and dry but not brown.
- Turn off the oven and leave the pavlovas to cool inside– about 1-2 hours.
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, toast the hazelnuts for 2-3 minutes, stirring often. They should start to smell fragrant but make sure not to let them burn!
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely, and then roughly chop them. Set the chopped nuts aside until ready to use.
MAKE NUTELLA CREAM:
- Once the hazelnuts are cool, beat the heavy cream with a handheld or stand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add ½ cup of Nutella and mix just until combined.
- Heat the remaining ½ cup of Nutella in a small bowl in the microwave until smooth and pourable.
- Add the melted Nutella into the small well of each pavlova. Then, top each with the Nutella-flavored whipped cream. Next, chopped hazelnuts.
- Finish the pavlova with shaved chocolate on top and serve immediately.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Aimee Mars says
This looks incredible! I would love to serve these after a nice dinner with friends or they’re perfect for book club too.
These mini pavlovas look so cute! My kids would definitely enjoy this treat, especially with all the Nutella in it! 🙂
This is my new favorite dessert! So yummy and easy to make!
Such a really amazing treat!! My kids enjoyed these!!
Just when you think this treat can’t get any better, you top with Nutella whipped cream! So amazing!