The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Nutella Mousse is an easy dessert that takes 20 minutes of active prep time to make! It’s one of my favorite desserts to serve to company.
It costs approximately $13.97 to make this Nutella Mousse. The recipe makes six servings for about $2.33 per serving.
For another Nutella dessert, check out my Mini Pavlova with Nutella Whipped Cream.
Using minimal ingredients and very little prep time, you will enjoy this Nutella Mousse in no time at all! I love making this for special occasions such as Christmas, Valentine’s Day, birthdays, and just because.
It is a decadent dessert that is a total show-stopper. Folks will not believe you when you tell them how simple this no-bake dessert is.
You will not be able to get enough of these decadent dessert cups! The Nutella Mousse is light, airy, and creamy. The perfect combination that you can enjoy year-round.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $2.33
Recipe Cost: $13.97
- 1 brick cream cheese – $2.24
- 1 cup Nutella – $1.66
- 2 Tablespoons pure vanilla extract – $1.00
- 2 cups whipping cream – $2.98
- 7 ozs of good quality dark chocolate – $6.00
- ¼ cup powdered sugar – $0.09
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How to make Nutella Mousse
- First, beat the cream cheese until fluffy with a hand mixer.
- Next, mix in the Nutella and vanilla.
- In another bowl, beat two cups of whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Using a small bowl, melt the dark chocolate and set it aside to cool.
- Next, add the melted chocolate to the whipping cream.
- Then, add in the powdered sugar, and whip until the peaks are stiff.
- Fold the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Finally, pipe the Mousse into the serving cups and place them in the fridge to chill for up to three hours.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and half of a lady finger cookie before serving.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Instead of lady finger cookies to garnish the mousse, you can use Ferrero Rocher chocolates.
- While you can use low-fat cream cheese in this recipe, please do not use fat-free cream cheese!
SERVE: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldn’t leave this mousse out for longer than 2 hours.
STORE: You can keep the mousse in the refrigerator for up to two days.
FREEZE: This recipe does not freeze and thaw well. Therefore, I do not recommend freezing it.
Due to the whipping cream, yes, you can overwhip it. This will cause the texture of your mousse to become too thick and grainy. Make sure your cream is cold when you start. Check for soft peaks. If you happen to overwhip, you can salvage your whipping cream by adding a few tablespoons of fresh cream and whisking in with a hand whisk.
Yes! Chocolate mousse needs to be refrigerated. Mousse desserts are meant to be served chilled. Keeping it refrigerated also helps keep the mousse’s texture light and fluffy!
- Rocky Road Pie
- Frozen Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- Lemon Lush from Scratch
- Cheesecake Bars
- Cream Puffs Recipe
- Chocolate Meringue Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Fondue
- No-Bake Banana Split Cake
FOR THE MOUSSE:
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature (approx. 8 ounces)
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 Tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 7 oz good quality dark chocolate reserve a small amount for garnish if desired
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
ADDITIONAL GARNISHES: (optional):
- 3 lady finger cookies cut in half
- chocolate shavings
- whipped cream
- Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese on high in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add Nutella and vanilla and mix again for a few minutes, then set aside.
- Wash the hand mixer and then beat 2 cups of whipping cream in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- Melt dark chocolate in a small bowl and cool it for 3 minutes.
- Add the melted chocolate to the whipped cream.
- Add in the powdered sugar, and whip until the peaks are stiff. This usually takes about 3-4 minutes on high.
- Add the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture and lightly fold it together.
- Then, using a piping bag or Ziploc bag with the tip cut, fill serving cups and place them in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and half of a lady finger cookie. Enjoy.