Disclosure: This post for One Pot Cajun Pasta has been compensated by Holland House Cooking Wine. As always all opinions are mine alone.
One Pot Cajun Pasta is an easy weeknight dinner that has a robust flavor and a creamy, melt-in-your-mouth sauce that everyone will love!
I love this One Pot Cajun Pasta. It’s robust without being spicy which makes it family-friendly. It’s an easy weeknight meal that’s also dressy enough for entertaining!
I love using Holland House Cooking Wines in my recipes because they enhance every savory dish. Sometimes quick pasta dishes lack flavor, but not when I use Holland House Cooking Wines as part of the pasta cooking liquid! I like using Holland House White Cooking Wine because it adds a layer of flavor to this One Pot Cajun Pasta that’s simply irresistible!
This One Pot Cajun Pasta recipe is so easy to make, let me show you how!
HOW TO MAKE ONE POT CAJUN PASTA:
Gather and prep all of the ingredients.
Brown the sausage, and set aside.
Add the shallots, bell pepper, and Cajun seasoning to the pot and cook veggies.
Pour in the broth and Holland House White Cooking Wine.
Bring mixture to a simmer.
Cover the pot and simmer until pasta is al dente.
Stir in cream and Parmesan cheese until the cheese is melted. Stir in sausage, and serve with garnishes.
When cooking pasta, swap out 1 cup of water for Holland House White Cooking Wine to enhance the flavor of the pasta!
One Pot Cajun Pasta
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 14 ozs andouille sausage sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 2 large shallots minced
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 3 ½ cups stock
- 1 cup Holland House White Cooking Wine or chicken broth
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 3 large Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ozs Parmesan cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped sundried tomatoes
- chopped fresh parsley
- grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium-sized pot, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until heated through, and edges begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Place sausage on the paper towel-lined plate, and set aside.
- In same pot, heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add shallots, green bell pepper, and Cajun seasoning, and stir frequently until pepper is softened and edges of onion are beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add stock, Holland House White Cooking Wine or chicken broth, pasta, and tomatoes to pot (pasta should almost be covered with liquid – see photo above). Give the mixture a quick stir, and bring to a low boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook pasta until al dente, about 15-18 minutes, stirring often.
- Uncover and reduce heat to low. Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese, and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the reserved sausage, and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, and then season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with sundried tomatoes, parsley, and shaved Parmesan cheese; serve.