The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast is the easiest and juiciest pot roast recipe ever! It’s full of flavor and takes just a handful of ingredients to make!
This roast costs about $24.83 to make. However, you can make it for much cheaper when roasts go on sale at the grocery store. It makes six servings for about $4.14 per serving.
Mississippi Pot Roast is an easy and flavorful dinner for busy weeknights or Sunday dinners. This fork-tender roast uses a handful of ingredients that combine to create a delicious roast you will want to have time and time again.
With only fifteen minutes of prep time, this is an easy recipe to throw in the slow cooker and let the slow cooker work its magic for you. You can leave your house for a few hours, and when you come back, you’ll have a fantastic smell throughout your house and a warm dinner waiting for you.
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $4.14
Recipe Cost: $24.83
- 4 pound chuck roast – $21.88
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil – $0.16
- Salt and pepper – $0.02
- ½ cup pepperoncini juice – $0.54
- 1 ounce dry ranch dressing mix – $0.48
- 1 ounce dry au jus gravy mix – $0.59
- 8 pepperoncini peppers – $0.80
- ¼ cup butter – $0.36
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make Mississippi Pot Roast
- First, heat oil in a large skillet. Place the roast in the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown the roast on each side for about five minutes per side.
- Place the roast in the crock pot and pour the pepperoncini juice over the roast.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing and gravy mixes over the roast.
- Add the peppers and butter slices on top of the roast and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Finally, shred and serve the roast with mashed potatoes.
Serve: You can leave the Mississippi Pot Roast out for about two hours before it needs to be covered and refrigerated.
Store: Once cooled, transfer the meat to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Freeze: Once cooled, transfer the meat to a freezer-safe container or Ziploc and bag and freeze for 1-2 months.
Defrost: Defrost at room temperature for 2-3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Reheat: Reheat the meat in the microwave. Or in a crock pot over low heat for 1-2 hour.
- Slow cooker
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
The rumor is that the recipe came from the place of origin. The recipe was first created by a woman in Mississippi who shared the recipe with her friends and family. The recipe gained popularity and was shared with the internet, which helped it quickly spread throughout the United States.
This roast has a zesty, flavorful taste that has some tang to it. The pepperoncini peppers combined with the ranch dressing, butter, and au jus gravy mix create this unique flavor combo that is hard to resist.
MORE SLOW COOKER RECIPES
- Crockpot Spiral Ham
- Slow Cooker Cornish Hens
- Easy Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers
- Beef Stew
- Crockpot Roast with Mushrooms
- Easy Crockpot Chili
- Crockpot Spare Ribs
- Slow Cooker Ham Chowder
- Baked Ziti
Mississippi Pot Roast – Crock Pot recipe
- 4 pound chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup pepperoncini juice
- 1 oz dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 oz dry au jus gravy mix
- 8 pepperoncini peppers
- ¼ cup butter cut into 8 pieces
SEAR AND PREP ROAST:
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Place the roast in the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown the roast on each side for about 5 minutes each.
- Transfer the roast to the crock pot.
- Pour the juice over the roast.
- Sprinkle with ranch dressing and gravy mixes.
- Add peppers and sliced butter on top of roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until tender.
- Shred pot roast.
- Serve pot roast with mashed potatoes.