This tasty Chicken Taco Soup recipe can be whipped up in just 20 minutes. It uses pantry ingredients and it’s a family favorite week after week! Serve it with my Sour Cream Cornbread for a complete meal!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Collective Bias on behalf of Walmart. Also, this post includes affiliate links.
August means one thing to me: back-to-school time! When August hits I make sure my weekly meal plans are nothing but quick, easy, and tasty meals. Not only does this streamline dinner, but my Walmart grocery shopping, too.
My family loves, and I mean LOVES this easy Chicken Taco Soup recipe. My kids love that it has so much flavor without being spicy, and I love that I can whip it up with very little pre-planning. This is because of 2 things:
- All the ingredients, except for the garnishes, are pantry staples.
- It only takes 20 minutes to make!
I love using Chunky Salsa in this soup because it has a genuine Southwest flavor that my family just loves. To speed up the cooking process of the Taco Soup I opted for canned chicken because is already cooked and it’s low in fat. Finally, I added condensed tomato soup to this recipe because it’s full of mouthwatering flavors that my family can’t get enough of!
This 20 Minute Chicken Taco Soup is so easy to make, let me show you how!
How to Make Chicken Taco Soup – Recipe Video:
Cook’s Note – Taco Soup:
- To make a complete meal, I like serving this taco soup with either my Simple Sour Cream Cornbread or Cheesy Green Chile Cornbread recipes.
- You can make this recipe in your slow cooker, here’s how: Add all ingredients (minus the oil and garnishes) into your slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours.
20-Minute Chicken Taco Soup - with recipe video!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 12.5 oz can Swanson® Premium Chicken, drained
- 2 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 16 oz bottle Pace® Chunky Salsa
- 1 10 oz can Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 oz can chili beans
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- sour cream
- diced avocado
- sliced green onion
- tortilla strips
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmering. Add chicken and taco seasoning and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in salsa, tomato soup, chicken broth, black beans, and chili beans. Increase heat to high and bring soup to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into soup bowls, and garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, green onion, and tortilla strips.
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- BBQ Chicken Pizza – A California Pizza Kitchen Copycat Recipe! - July 22, 2019
- Decadent Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe - July 20, 2019
- New Mexico Style Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas - July 16, 2019