This Pasta with Mushrooms, Peas and Creamy Camembert Sauce recipe is a great meatless weeknight dinner that’s rich and hearty tasting. The mushrooms give it a meaty flavor that is completely satisfying.
This Pasta with Mushrooms, Peas and Creamy Camembert Sauce has some serious meaty flavor going on, but it has no meat! The use of 20 ounces of mushrooms that are sautéed to perfection gives this pasta a beautiful. Consequently, this pasta is just every bit as satisfying as meat is!
Theres something about the earthy richness that the mushrooms bring to this dish that is perfect for fall and winter. Plus, the mushrooms make this pasta recipe rich in Vitamin D!
Cook’s Note – Pasta with Mushrooms:
- To make this a vegetarian meal, substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth.
- Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. When you reheat, you may need to add a little broth to loosen the sauce.
- This will serve 6 as a main dish or 8-10 as a side dish.
- pasta pot
- 12-inch skillet
- herb scissors (I love these for cutting the chives, super quick and easy!)
ONE YEAR AGO: Honey Kissed Pumpkin Cake
TWO YEARS AGO: Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Kettle Corn
THREE YEARS AGO: Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Kettle Corn
How to Make Pasta with Mushrooms:
Pasta with Mushrooms, Peas, and Creamy Camembert Sauce
- 1 pound campanelle pasta or similar-sized like farfalle
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large shallots chopped fine (about 1 cup)
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms stems discarded, caps wiped clean and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms wiped clean and sliced ¼ inch thick
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces camembert cut into ½-inch cubed (do not remove rind)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions, drain and return pasta to pot.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high and add shiitake and cremini mushrooms and ½ teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to bowl. To skillet add broth and frozen peas and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Once boiling, turn off heat and stir in cream, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mushrooms, broth mixture, cheese, and chives to pasta. Toss over medium-low heat until pasta absorbs most of liquid, about 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.
More Quick & Easy Pasta Recipes:
Tomato Basil Pasta – a 15 minute recipe!
Citrus Cream Pasta – another 15 minute recipe!