The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These Breakfast Egg Rolls are stuffed with sausage, seasoned eggs, cheese, bell pepper, and onion, and fried to crispy perfection.
This recipe costs approximately $9.03 to make fifteen servings. Therefore, the cost per serving is around $0.60.
Whip up a batch of this Salsa Verde or this Chipotle Pico De Gallo Copycat to serve alongside these delicious Breakfast Egg rolls.
Breakfast Egg Rolls
If you are tired of the same old breakfast routine and looking for a way to shake things up, these Breakfast Egg Rolls are for you. They are a fun twist on a classic recipe. Egg rolls are delicious, so why not fill them with delicious breakfast foods for an unforgettable breakfast?
The Egg Rolls are filled with two types of cheeses that become gooey, along with the crunchy veggies and creamy eggs that are deep-fried in an egg roll wrapper. If you need help making the perfect scrambled eggs, check out my post on How to Make Scrambled Eggs.
You can even make these the day before to save time in the morning. Or make them on a lazy weekend morning. Better yet, serve them for brunch alongside some fresh fruit.
These filling Breakfast Egg Rolls will become your new favorite way to enjoy egg rolls dipped in your favorite salsa or other delicious sauce.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.60
Recipe Cost: $9.03
- ½ pound breakfast sausage – $1.44
- 5 large eggs – $2.15
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream – $0.16
- ½ teaspoon salt – $0.01
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper – $0.01
- ¼ teaspoon paprika – $0.01
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese – $1.11
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper – $0.35
- ⅓ cup shredded pepper jack cheese – $0.31
- 3 Tablespoons purple onion – $0.33
- 15 egg roll wrappers – $3.15
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in March 2023.
How to make Breakfast Egg Rolls
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, brown the sausage in a large skillet.
- Then, whisk the eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and paprika together.
- Remove the sausage from the skillet and drain any fat.
- Next, cook the egg mixture in the skillet.
- Add the sausage, cooked eggs, cheese, bell pepper, and onions together.
- Then, heat three inches of oil to 350 degrees F in a large stock pot.
- Fill the egg roll wrappers with two Tablespoons of the egg mixture into the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom corner up and over the filling, followed by the two outer corners into the center, like an envelope.
- Then, brush the remaining corner with water and roll the egg roll up to seal.
- Place four egg rolls into the preheated oil and fry for three to four minutes.
- Finally, remove the egg rolls from the oil and set them on a paper towel-lined plate while you finish frying the remaining egg rolls for serving.
- You can use ground turkey or turkey sausage instead of breakfast sausage.
- Any color of bell pepper can be used in this recipe.
- Instead of cheddar cheese, you can use your favorite melting cheese.
SERVE: Serve with your favorite salsa.
STORE: Egg rolls may be stored in an airtight container or baggie in the fridge for up to 3 days. Egg rolls may be reheated in the microwave or air fryer to restore crispiness.
FREEZE: Once cooled, place the egg rolls in a freezer-safe container or Zipper-top bag. Freeze for up to two months.
Egg roll wrappers are just strips of thin dough. So they are not high in calories by themselves but become less healthy after frying them. For the total nutritional value of this recipe, please scroll to the bottom of the recipe card.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Homemade English Muffins
- Puff Pastry Chocolate Croissants
- Loaded Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Eggs Benedict with Blender Hollandaise Sauce
- Easy Broccoli Quiche
- Freezer Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- Overnight Breakfast Enchiladas
- Breakfast Waffle Tacos
- Egg Muffins
Breakfast Egg Rolls
- ½ lb breakfast sausage
- 5 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper finely diced
- ⅓ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3 Tablespoons chopped purple onion
- 15 egg roll wrappers
- Water for brushing
- Vegetable oil for frying about 3 cups
- Your favorite salsa optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage.
- While the sausage is cooking, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Once the sausage is cooked, remove it from the skillet and drain any extra fat.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook.
- Once the eggs are cooked, combine sausage, eggs, cheddar cheese, bell pepper, pepper jack cheese, and onion.
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, preheat 3 inches of oil to 350°F. Use an instant-read thermometer to get an accurate temperature.
FILL AND ROLL EGG ROLLS:
- Place egg roll wrappers on a clean surface, with one of the corners facing you.
- Put about 2 Tablespoons of the egg roll mixture into the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom corner up and over the filling.
- Next, fold the two outer corners into the center like an envelope.
- Brush the remaining corner with water and roll the egg roll up to seal.
- Repeat the rolling process with the remaining wrappers and filling.
FRY EGG ROLLS:
- Once all wrappers have been rolled, place four into the preheated oil and fry for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
- Once cooked, remove the egg rolls from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Repeat the frying process with the remaining egg rolls.
- Serve with your favorite salsa (optional).
- Egg rolls may be reheated in the microwave or air fryer to restore crispiness.
- The rolls may be prepped the night before and stored in an airtight container or baggie in the fridge.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Leave a Reply