This recipe for Simple Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad is a simpler, healthier, fully-loaded version of the classic Ramen Salad. It takes just 20 minutes to make and it feeds a crowd making it perfect for potlucks!
Today I’m sharing my family-favorite recipe for Simple Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad. It is loaded to the max with delicious ingredients like mango, avocado, cilantro, carrots, bell pepper, cashews, and edamame.
Becoming more health conscious doesn’t mean searching high and wide for ingredients. Soyfoods are readily available in supermarkets and they make for delicious additions to recipes.
If you’re serving this salad as a side dish, then I suggest serving it with my Edamame Stir Fry as the main dish!
This Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad is a healthier version of the classic potluck dish. It’s packed with flavor and not a lot of guilt. It’s perfect for serving at a potluck (because it serves a TON), or to serve as an entree. I especially like making this salad during the summer because it’s filling, cool, refreshing, AND I don’t have to turn the oven on!
Cook’s Note’s – Simple Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad:
- This salad is my favorite potluck dish and it feeds a crowd! It will feed about 10 as a main dish and 20-24 as a side dish!
- The dressing can be made up to 4 days in advance. Just whisk to combine everything again.
- The beauty of this salad is that even if you have leftovers it will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days! The only downside is that the noodles might not be as crunchy. When I make this salad and I know there’s going to be leftovers, I pass the noodles on the side so folks can add them before eating the salad. This way you’ll always have crunchy noodles!
Cook’s Tools – Simple Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad:
ONE YEAR AGO: Paradise Cookies
TWO YEARS AGO: Grilled Spinach Artichoke Flatbread Pizza
THREE YEARS AGO: Caprese Pasta Bake
Simple Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad
This recipe for Simple Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad is a simpler, healthier, fully-loaded version of the classic Ramen Salad. It takes just 20 minutes to make and it feeds a crowd-making it perfect for potlucks!
- 2 14 oz bags 3 color coleslaw, (without the dressing)
- 10 oz bag frozen shelled edamame, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 3 oz packages ramen noodles, crumbled (seasoning packet discarded)
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 1 cup lightly salted and toasted cashews
ASIAN SESAME SALAD DRESSING:
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
FOR THE ASIAN SESAME SALAD DRESSING:
- In a medium saucepan bring vinegar to a boil. Turn off heat and stir in sugar until dissolved. Pour mixture into medium bowl and cool. Once cool, add canola oil, sesame seed oil, salt, and sesame seeds. Whisk vigorously until combined and slightly emulsified about 1-2 minutes.
FOR THE SALAD:
In an extra-large salad bowl add coleslaw followed by the rest of the salad ingredients.
Pour dressing over salad, toss, and serve!
I calculated the nutritional information for the recipe as an entree salad serving 10 people. If you serve this recipe as a side dish it will serve about 20-24 people and the nutritional information will be much different.
More Summertime Salads:
This post first appeared on Food, Folks, and Fun on April 22, 2016. I’ve recently updated the pictures for this posts. Here are some of the originals below: