Slow Cooker Short Ribs Recipe – These taste just as good as if they came from the grill! They taste so good and they literally fall off of the bone!
In my opinion, back-to-school and fall are the seasons of the slow cooker! Life gets busy again and we’re all looking for shortcuts when it comes to dinnertime prep. That’s why I love this Slow Cooker Short Ribs Recipe. They taste just as good as if you were babysitting them all day on the grill.
Did you know that you can make ribs in the instant pot? Here’s a great instant pot ribs recipe.
Cook’s Note – Slow Cooker Short Ribs Recipe:
- Use your favorite homemade or store-bought barbecue sauce for this recipe.
- Note that you’ll need to spread barbecue sauce on these ribs 45 minutes before they’re finished.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
- Large Slow Cooker
- Basting Brush – I use this for spreading sauce on meat like these ribs. I also use it for brushing butter and egg whites baked goods. It’s made of silicone and it’s easy to clean.
Slow Cooker Short Ribs Recipe
- 4-5 pounds spare pork ribs thawed if previously frozen
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Cut ribs so they will fit in your low cooker. Pat dry with paper towels and massage the dry rub into the ribs. Evenly distribute the rub over the ribs (make sure you get both sides!).
- Nestle the ribs into the slow cooker, cook for 7-9 hours on LOW, or 4-5 hours on HIGH. 45 minutes before the timer goes off, brush 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce over the ribs. Cover and continue cooking.
- Slice and serve!
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- How to Reheat Quiche Tutorial - August 17, 2019
- Easy Broccoli Quiche Recipe – less than $5.00 to make! - August 17, 2019
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe - August 16, 2019