This 30-Minute White Chicken Chili recipe is so easy to make and it will quickly become a family favorite! It’s full of white beans, chicken, green chiles, corn, spices, and cheese!
Quick & Easy White Bean Chicken Chili
Last week I added this White Chicken Chili recipe to my menu plan, but when I went to make it I couldn’t find it on my website. I can’t believe I haven’t posted this recipe yet for all of you folks! This White Bean Chicken Chili is one of my favorite weeknight dinner recipes because it’s SO easy to make and everyone in the family loves it! I also love that it can easily be adapted for the Crockpot (more on that below).
What are the ingredients of white chicken chili?
All the ingredients you need to make this creamy White Chicken Chili recipe are:
- chicken broth
- white beans
- shredded chicken
- green chiles
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
See?! Nothing fancy, and I bet you already have most, if not all, of the ingredients in your kitchen right now!
How to Make White Chicken Chili?
Are you ready for one of the easiest recipes for White Chicken Chili out there?
- First, in a large pot, sauté the onions and garlic in a little bit of butter.
- Next, add all of the other chili ingredients and bring the mixture up to a low boil.
- Then, reduce the heat to simmer the chicken chili for about 10 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the shredded cheese and sour cream until everything is good and melted, then serve!
This White Chicken Chili and my Cheesy Green Chile Cornbread recipe were meant for each other!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili:
You can easily adapt this recipe for the slow cooker! Here’s how:
- Sauté the onions and garlic in butter, just like in the recipe below.
- Transfer the onions and garlic to your slow cooker insert, and then add all of the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker except for the shredded cheese and sour cream.
- Cook on LOW to 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Right before serving stir in the shredded cheese and sour cream. Serve.
Cook’s Note – White Chicken Chili Recipe:
- This recipe calls for 2 cups of shredded chicken. I like using rotisserie chicken or my slow cooker shredded chicken recipe.
- When I make this for my family I use 2 cans of mild green chiles and 1 can of hot green chiles. You can use whichever heat level you desire (if it were just me eating this soup, I’d use all hot!).
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients – White Bean Chicken Chili:
ONE YEAR SGO: Cornbread Casserole
TWO YEARS AGO: Classic Tomato Basil Soup
THREE YEARS AGO: Citrus Cream Pasta
- 1/2 Tablespoon salted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, small diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 - 15.5 oz cans Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 3 4oz cans diced green chiles
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 cups shredded cheese Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced jalapeños
- diced avocados
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla strips
- chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large pot over medium-high heat melt the butter. Add the onions and sauté until the onions are translucent and beginning to brown around the edges, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir constantly until the garlic is fragrant about 30-60 seconds.
- Increase the heat to high and stir in the broth, beans, chicken, green chiles, corn, cumin, and oregano. Once the mixture comes to a low boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and sour cream until they melt into the soup.
- Serve with sliced jalapeños, diced avocados, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips, and/or chopped fresh cilantro (all optional).
More of my Chili Recipes:
- Pumpkin Chili
- Pulled Pork Chili
- Classic Beef Chili
- Southwest Chicken Barley Chili
- Turkey and Zucchini Chili Verde