Recently my family drove from Rhode Island to California for a military move. Along the way we visited and stayed with some fabulous friends throughout of country. We stayed over Easter weekend with my dear friend, Monica and her family. On our first night there Monica made this Mexican Lasagna for dinner. It was so stinkin’ yummy that I immediately asked for the recipe. Thanks, Monica for this awesome, quick & easy recipe!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 10-Ounce Cans RoTel Tomatoes
- 1 10-Ounce Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 8 10-Inch flour tortillas
- 2 15-Ounce Cans Ranch Style Beans
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat Oven to 350 F. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream and cream of chicken soup, set aside.
- Tear 4 tortillas in half (you'll have 8 halves) and layer them in the bottom of your pan.
- Put half the cooked meat over tortillas, and pour 1 can of the ranch style beans and 1 can of the RoTel tomatoes over the beef. Then spread half the sour cream mixture over the beans. Top with 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Cut your remaining tortillas in half and layer them in the pan. Layer the remaining ingredients as you did above: the ranch style beans, RoTel tomatoes, sour cream mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the lasagna is nice and bubbly.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle to top with chopped cilantro, if desired.