The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Confetti Corn Salad is a refreshing, light side dish that’s perfect for summer dinners, potlucks, parties, and more!
Disclosure: This post for Confetti Corn Salad recipe includes affiliate links. See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
During the summer I love making new and different salads to serve as a main dish or side dish. The other night I made a Mexican meal and I wanted a side dish that was healthy, cool, and refreshing. I threw together some of my favorite fresh in-season produce, looked down at the bowl and saw that all of the different colors together looked like a delicious bowl of confetti!
Cook’s Note – Mexican Corn Salad:
- You can make this corn salad up to 24 hours in advance. I just suggest you slice and add the avocado right before serving.
- You can also use this corn salad as a dip. I’ve tried it and it’s delicious!
- You can use fresh corn in this recipe. Just cut the corn from the cob and boil for about 3-4 minutes.
Cook’s Tool’s – Confetti Corn Salad:
ONE YEAR AGO: California Club Sandwich
TWO YEARS AGO: Yogurt Parfait Breakfast Popsicles
THREE YEARS AGO: Vanilla Custard Ice Cream
Confetti Corn Salad
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup peeled and diced jicama
- ½ cup small diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small lime, juiced and zested
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl combine corn, tomatoes, avocado, bell pepper, jicama, and red onion.
FOR THE DRESSING:
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, lime juice and zest, honey, cilantro, salt, and pepper until blended.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss gently to coat. Cover bowl plastic wrap and chill 1-2 hours before serving.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
does the frozen corn need to be cooked first ? Confused? thanks!
Not cooked, just thawed.
How many servings?
It serves 4-6 people.
Yum! This corn salad looks so good! The perfect summer dish!
Monica | Nourish + Fete says
This looks amazing, especially with those big chunks of avocado that are calling my name! Definitely a perfect summer side dish!
I love corn! This salad looks so colorful and delicious – such a great idea for summer light dinner!
It’s definitely one of our favorite summer salads!
We are all about the fresh corn recipes at the moment. Loving all the colours here.
Bintu | Recipes From A Pantry says
What a cool and colourful looking salad! It looks so delicious and healthy!
YUM! My fave! Great, yummy, dish!
Thank you, it’s one of our favorites!
KATHY SELLERS says
This salad looks awesome, even for winter! However, I’m one of those ‘strange people’ who doesn’t like the soapy taste of Cilantro. Can you suggest a tasty replacement that will compliment all these tasty ingredients please?
You can use green onion.