This Confetti Corn Salad is a refreshing, light side dish that’s perfect for summer dinners, potlucks, parties, and more!
During the summer I love making new and different salads to serve as a main dish or side dish. The other night I made a Mexican meal and I wanted a side dish that was healthy, cool, and refreshing. I threw together some of my favorite fresh in-season produce, looked down at the bowl and saw that all of the different colors together looked like a delicious bowl of confetti!
Cook’s Note – Confetti Corn Salad:
- You can make this corn salad up to 24 hours in advance. I just suggest you slice and add the avocado right before serving.
- You can also use this corn salad as a dip. I’ve tried it and it’s delicious!
- You can use fresh corn in this recipe. Just cut the corn from the cob and boil for about 3-4 minutes.
Cook’s Tool’s – Confetti Corn Salad
ONE YEAR AGO: California Club Sandwich
TWO YEARS AGO: Yogurt Parfait Breakfast Popsicles
THREE YEARS AGO: Vanilla Custard Ice Cream
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup peeled and diced jicama
- ½ cup small diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small lime, juiced and zested
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In large bowl combine corn, tomatoes, avocado, bell pepper, jicama, and red onion.
- FOR DRESSING: In small bowl whisk together oil, lime juice and zest, honey, cilantro, salt, and pepper until blended.
- TO FINISH: Pour dressing over vegetables and toss gently to coat. Cover bowl plastic wrap and chill 1-2 hours before serving.
Disclosure: This post for Confetti Corn Salad recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.