THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This Confetti Corn Salad is a refreshing, light side dish that’s perfect for summer dinners, potlucks, parties, and more!
During the summer I love making new and different salads to serve as a main dish or side dish. The other night I made a Mexican meal and I wanted a side dish that was healthy, cool, and refreshing. I threw together some of my favorite fresh in-season produce, looked down at the bowl and saw that all of the different colors together looked like a delicious bowl of confetti!
Cook’s Note – Mexican Corn Salad:
- You can make this corn salad up to 24 hours in advance. I just suggest you slice and add the avocado right before serving.
- You can also use this corn salad as a dip. I’ve tried it and it’s delicious!
- You can use fresh corn in this recipe. Just cut the corn from the cob and boil for about 3-4 minutes.
Cook’s Tool’s – Confetti Corn Salad:
ONE YEAR AGO: California Club Sandwich
TWO YEARS AGO: Yogurt Parfait Breakfast Popsicles
THREE YEARS AGO: Vanilla Custard Ice Cream
Confetti Corn Salad
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup peeled and diced jicama
- ½ cup small diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small lime, juiced and zested
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl combine corn, tomatoes, avocado, bell pepper, jicama, and red onion.
FOR THE DRESSING:
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, lime juice and zest, honey, cilantro, salt, and pepper until blended.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss gently to coat. Cover bowl plastic wrap and chill 1-2 hours before serving.