THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This homemade Taco Mix recipe is an economical version of the pantry staple. It’s so easy to make and tastes better than store-bought mixes.
I recently ran out of this taco mix and needed to make a new batch. I find myself using this for more than just tacos.
More Taco Seasoning Mix Recipe Ideas:
- Fajita seasoning, see my recipe for Stovetop Chicken Fajitas here
- Dry rub & marinade for meat
- Seasoning for homemade salsas
- Seasoning for sauteed fresh veggies–I love to add this seasoning to my zucchini and summer squash with a little shredded cheese
- Mexican corn on the cob–butter the corn and sprinkle with a light dusting of this seasoning
The possibilities are endless with this mix It’s quick, easy, and cheap to throw together.
What is in Taco Mix?
There are 8 spices and seasonings that make up homemade taco mix. They are:
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- ground coriander
- dried oregano
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- table salt
- cayenne pepper
How to use Taco Seasoning Mix:
- First, Brown 1 poind of ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain off the fat.
- Next, stir in the seasoning mix along with 3/4 cup of water.
- Then, bring the mixture to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, spoon tha taco meat into warm tortillas or hard taco shells. Serve the tacos with your favorite toppings.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or flakes
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- pinch cayenne pepper optional
- In a small bowl whisk all of the ingredients until combined.
- Transfer the taco mix to an airtight jar.